What Bands Are Good For Me?

IHIambo

Hambino
I am a rap producer who is trying to be less one dimensional with my music and expand my horizon. I mainly listen to this artists:

• Rick Ross
  • Kanye West
  • Lil Wayne
  • Wiz Khalifa
  • Nipsey Hussle
  • Asher Roth
  • Big Sean
  • Mac Miller
  • Young Jeezy
  • T.I.
  • Roscoe Dash
  • J Money/J Futuristic
  • many others....

I love listening to these artists but I want to branch out to other genres of music. I was born and raised in Atlanta, GA so I feel like a lot of my beats reflect where I'm from but I want to expand my musical influences away from that. I just want a few good bands/songs that could help me do that. I want bands/songs that I will continue to listen too and enjoy forever. Be honest I don't want crappy bands just some indy bands that make good, relevant music. Thanks in advance!

Beats: SoundClick artist: Hambo The Creator - page with MP3 music downloads
Email: ihiambo@gmail.com

Between The Buried And Me: A progressive metal band. Really talented in terms of music theory and technical skill.
Songs I recommend: "Ants Of The Sky", "White Walls"

Novembre: Another progressive metal band, a little more ambient. Italian.
Songs I recommend: "Comedia", "The Promise", "Anaemia", "Gepetto"

Julien K: Industrial Metal Band
Songs I recommend: Only "Kick The Bass" and "Maestro"... really inspiring for Electronica flavor to your beats.

Rammstein: Pretty well known but German Metal band highly praised for creating "Tanz Metal".
Songs I recommend: "Feuer Frei", "Pussy", "Buch Dich", "Du Hast".

Travis: Alternative Rock band... really uplifting music.
Songs I recommend: "Sing", "Pipe Dreams", "Follow The Light"

Rage Against The Machine: Hardcore Alternative Rock Band. You either love them or hate them. I love em...
Songs I recommend: "Know Your Enemy", "Calm Like A Bomb", "Bulls On Parade", "Guerrilla Radio", "Wake Up"

Metallica: You already know hehe
Songs I recommend: "I disappear", "Fade To Black", "Sandman", "The Unforgiven", "For Whom The Bell Tolls", pretty much anything. Just avoid St. Anger and Load(Including ReLoad)...

Megadeth: Thrash metal
Songs I recommend: "Blood Of Heroes", "Angry Again", "A Tout Le Monde", "Symphony Of Destruction"...

Last edited:
Ppl in here seem into Metal, but on the lighter rock side, try 311. They bring a ton of flavors, mixing up rap, rock, reggae, & funk. They were around before Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit n shit, too. Still sellin out shows year-round. Highly recommend Asian Dub Foundation, too - their albums "RAFI's Revenge" & "Community Music".

+1 to Muse, also.

For songwriting, try Pearl Jam.

Indie bands? Maybe some less-known ones, like My Morning Jacket, Minus The Bear..

Listen to classic rock, too. Shit was real back then..

Ppl in here seem into Metal, but on the lighter rock side, try 311. They bring a ton of flavors, mixing up rap, rock, reggae, & funk. They were around before Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit n shit, too. Still sellin out shows year-round. Highly recommend Asian Dub Foundation, too - their albums "RAFI's Revenge" & "Community Music".

+1 to Muse, also.

For songwriting, try Pearl Jam.

Indie bands? Maybe some less-known ones, like My Morning Jacket, Minus The Bear..

Listen to classic rock, too. Shit was real back then..

Minus the Bear is dope. Love them.

Lovage - Music to make love to your old lady by

You tube it, lots of hip hop flavour with a jazz, trip hop edge. If ya like it then maybe check out some of Mike Pattons harder stuff, Tomahawk, Faith No More....

Last edited:
Back