What are the best monitors for a home studio

H

hivolt productionz

i mainly produce hip hop and rap music and im in the middle of setting up a home studio, i have everything else except for monitors.

i want active monitors within the price range of £0 - £400

id appreciate it if anyone would help me and give me some good brands of monitors ...

alot of hip hop producers use krk rockit 5s but i personally dont like them because the sound sounds a bit muffled to me , some good ones are mackie mr5s and yamaha hs50ms

i have mackie mr5's. and they are awesome. they put out a flat output so you can really get really precise imaging.

Find out what will work for your room. We can quote you all of the spec we want but if you dont know how your room responds to the all freq. in the spectrum no one can tell you what to look for.

Last edited:
well rightnow the best one for you would be yamaha hs50ms as its just awesome and will give you a rocking way to listen and electrify you

If you want to feel the base, KRK are perfect for Home use.

Although if you are looking for more allround speakers Adams are extreamly good, but a bit more expensive though.

Mostly what i see here is everyone is posting what seems best to them. Alright, this is great, but what seems wrong when it comes to studio monitors to me is hearing words dope, sounds great, great bass(this really makes me want to slap someone). When it comes to studio monitors, what you want AND ALWAYS NEED TO WANT is most flattest response to certain frequency aka most flattest FRL (Frequency response line). You don't want low/high end requency response to be up or down, and when it comes to production, especially mixing and mastering, you need to have it flat to get sense of what is going on in your mix, if you want to lift or decrease certain requencies, thats what EQing is for, not studio monitor exaggarated certain requency response. That's why they are called "Studio monitors" and it may be the main differece between some logitech's with "super bass" sticker. You want to keep it real to not puke from diference while listening in your car from what you made in studio and what you hear in car.

I would suggest you to google whatever you find or frequency response chart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back