What are some slept on/overlooked rap albums?

tame one is slept on, pretty much every album he's done is dope other than "acid tab vocab" which is wack. check out "when rappers attack. that's his best, that and "spazmatic" and "og bobby johnson" and "da ol jersey bastard." also leak bros he did with cage. he was in artifacts too.

What happened with Budden WMS?

You used to be his go to man for a minute. You got any Slaughterhouse songs on deck?

Unspoken Heard (Asheru and BluBlac), "Soon Come." Classic album for the heads. For those who don't know, Asheru did theme for the Boondocks.

yoooooo, your beats are dope man..i really dig your sound.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

Murs - Murry's Revenge

8Ball - Life's Quest..........I agree that it is a soft ass album for Big Ball......BUT DAMN.....it's still murks a lot of albums. The mixtape kills the album though.

Needed more music like this

Less music like this

Yall might like these dudes singer hooks and stuff....I don't. They take away from a lot of songs I would like.

Saigon - Story Never Told...........shit blew everything away last year. People used excuses like it sounded outdated. lol! In otherwords, people feel that music only has a time period til it should not be consider good to listen to...IDK...shrug. I do agree if the album came out in 2005 - 2007 it might've got more love than it did.

The Firm Album.......Don't know why people didn't like this album. One of my favorite albums. Well put together listen from beginning to end.

AZ - Pieces of a Man.........Album was the truth. May not be overlooked but definitely deserves more props than it get. But yall ain't up good music.......yall up on G.O.O.D Music. :) :cheers:

Twista - Perfect Storm............wasn't his best but got damn people........this is Twista! We can't keep letting this man's albums go unheard like he a chump or something. Wrong with yall?

Should be a classic.

I can go on and on.

Hunger For More 2 (HFM2) - Lloyd Banks. From production to punchlines, all around one of the best albums in the last couple years.

I'm thinking since you like Sticky's solo, you've already heard Onyx's "Shut Em Down". Classic.

Others that sound similar....Sure you heard alot of these, just may be one or 2 you missed....

Heltah Skeltah - Magnum Force
OGC - The M-Pire Strikes Back
Any early Outkast(Aquemeni, Southernplayalistic, ATLiens)
Lil Cease - The Wonderful World or Cease A leo
Cormega - Legal Hustle
M.O.P - Warriorz
Jamal - Last Chance, No breaks
Game - The R.E.D. Album
Luniz - Lunitic Muzik
Yukmouth - Thugged out
Fat Joe - All Or Nothing/J.O.S.E.
I-20 Self Explanitory
Lil Kim - La bella Mafia(get's good towards the end)
Foxy brown - Broken Silence
Rah Digga - Dirty Harriet
Flip mode Squad's album...The imperial?
CNN - The War Report
Lil Wayne - Carter 2
Scarface - Untouchables
Memphis bleek - Coming of Age
Diplomatic Immunity from Dipset
The Firm album....

Will think of more as soon as I post reply. lol.

some good ones listed in this thread, i'll continue along the subterranean route:

akbar - big bang boogie
real live - the turnaround: a long awaited drama
arsonists - as the world burns
the last emperor - music magic myth
antipop consortium - tragic epilogue
nine - cloud 9
brooklyn academy - the academy awards
torae - for the record
blahzay blahzay - blah blah blah

Last edited:
Back