What Are Some Of The Characteristics Of A Great Album...?

Have an ill intro...leading into the tracks and the theme of the Album.

2.Hot Hot beats! (sampled)

3.Lyrics that will reach out and grab you and make you hit the rewind button, great storytelling and punchlines is what i'm all about.

4.Absolutely no fillers and the artist must stick to the title of the song.

5.Have only 12-14 tracks and end the last track making you want even more from the artist (THE BLUEPRINT made me reacted like this)I did not want that CD to end.

6.Provoke the listeners to visualize each song as a scene from a movie or something.

7. have a hidden track that starts about 4-5 mins after the last track is over....(suprise element). but don't list that track the back of the cd because you want someone to find out about it and go back and listen to that last final track.

8. Change the game or give the game a different taste than it's current garbage. With songs like "wait" or "laffy taffy" we need something ya'll!

INSTANT CLASSIC!!!!

Check out the 100 Proof Mixtape, hear clips of it at www.myspace.com/knockaholixproductions

KNOCKAHOLIX said:
Have an ill intro...leading into the tracks and the theme of the Album.

2.Hot Hot beats! (sampled)

3.Lyrics that will reach out and grab you and make you hit the rewind button, great storytelling and punchlines is what i'm all about.

4.Absolutely no fillers and the artist must stick to the title of the song.

5.Have only 12-14 tracks and end the last track making you want even more from the artist (THE BLUEPRINT made me reacted like this)I did not want that CD to end.

6.Provoke the listeners to visualize each song as a scene from a movie or something.

7. have a hidden track that starts about 4-5 mins after the last track is over....(suprise element). but don't list that track the back of the cd because you want someone to find out about it and go back and listen to that last final track.

8. Change the game or give the game a different taste than it's current garbage. With songs like "wait" or "laffy taffy" we need something ya'll!

INSTANT CLASSIC!!!!

Check out the 100 Proof Mixtape, hear clips of it at www.myspace.com/knockaholixproductions
Yo you just described Late Registration.

1. intro with a theme that leads into the album
2. hot hot production
3. dope lyrics
4. no fillers
5. 12-14 songs.
6. yep
7. yep
8. change the game. hell yep.

i think that any "good"(relative term) artist out nows first album, because its the heart and soul kinda thing, not sayin people havent had good 2nd and 3rd albums etc... but i think that hunger is all the first album is about... raw talent and skill, the finesse

eminem, jay z, talib, nas, all did this, to name a few

One bad track. Normally wasting time on the intro and outro.

MintyFreshBeats said:
For me, its all about storytelling. That's why I loved albums like Life After Death. I like being brought into the artist's world and being taken on a different adventure or experience with each track.

YEAH DAWG... Life After Death... Nuff Said!

The artist should make me feel the hungry-ness of his grind. Like Cracka said, its usually a rappers first album that people say is the greatest.

And you gotta have the right mixdown if you dont then ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!! very important..

Back