well balanced headphones

Karsn

Please forgive me if my english is not perfect.

I want to buy a new pair of studio headphones for production and mixing in my little home studio.
My budget is 225$, but i should mention that i live in Denmark, and headphones here are more expensive than i the US.

Im looking for something with a flat and accurate responce, where the sound is reproduced true to recordings. A closed or semi-open headphone. I prefer an open/wide sound, with present but NOT overpowering low end (bass). I work with a lot of different genres e.g.:

Pop/rock
Alternative rock
Electro
Retro electro
Progressive house
Deep house
Nu-disco
Funk
Synthpop
Rap/hiphop

Important for me is:
- solid construction.
- comfy to wear for longer periods of time.
- prefer detachable, and straight cable.
- reasonably good for portability.
- not too heavy.

I have listened to a bunch of different cans, read a lot of reviews, but find that im only getting more confused as what to pick. What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
at that pricerange, akg shure and maudio along with grado.not really gonna recommend sennheisers unless it's atleast the hd280.

Am i the only one seeing my post with all that code??
can't remove it.

thanks Konkoss, havent tried shure or gardo since they dont have them in my "local" store.

I don't see any code.

I'd go for the Grado's esp if mixing and mastering is going to be a big part of what you do. I love my grados they sound dope.

Super uncomfortable after you wear them for a while tho. I'd say take breaks every hour if you use them

Back