Was gonna buy a new PC but...

OdomOnTheBeat

I was looking forward to buying a new PC that is updated and current but I hear non stop that FLStudio is horrible with the new windows 8 and 64 bit systems. Which really drags the option down a bit. I would love to get Komplete and other plugins but am thinking of just going with Sylenth1 and Nexus2 since they run smooth on xp supposedly. Question is any body have any recommendations on running an older system and what to get to upgrade the ram and other things that would increase cpu and keep things running fresh with installation of plugins that may take up room. Not a computer savvy guy here and have talked to best buy folks but feel they are trying to just sell me a new system saying 64 bit will run fine with flstudio and such guitar center said the same but internet is on fire with saying it doesnt.

find an older dell optilex or precision (not inspiron), something like the 960 or 5400 and max out the ram, add a 2nd hard drive and go from there. Guys are selling these on ebay with Win 7 pro preloaded with COA - easy enough to get 8gb of ram and upgrade to 16gb for relatively little extra money

Back