Warning signs from my computer

IamStan

I run anything and everything for making beats and mastering. I open pro tools and it says I'm using too much energy or something..... So imagine when i go to rewire maschine in ableton live, with reason, and waves, what kind of shit i get.

I built my computer and i think I need a mac but people say just upgrade to a better pc, so you tell me the difference.

My pc currently has -- 3tb of western digital hdd, quad core i7 cpu, asus p6t motherboard, 12gb corsair ram, 850 watt power supply.

Too much energy? :D Maybe it might be worth it to pay attention what that error/warning message actually says. That kind of system should be easily running multiple things at once.

I hope you're using a 64 bit OS because the max RAM you can use in 32 bit is 4 GB .

Do you mean you built it yourself or had it made custom?

Click the Windows logo (bottom left) and in the search box do a search for "system" and then select "system information"

Now look at the memory information to see what you are actually using, and which version of Windows you have. (64 or 32 bit)

Or post it here.

yeah i built it myself. And I couldn't get anything to come up but it says 12 gb of ram installed and core i7 at 2.67 ghz////

Well unless you have money to burn or are a die-hard MAC guy (which I don't think you are cause you're considering a PC), then definitely go PC! For half the cost you get twice the system! Don't get me wrong, MACs are nice, but to heck with how much Apple sets their prices at with the monopoly they have on their products!

Back