(video)Was Kanye West "Yeezus" Far Ahead Of its Time? thoughts and feedback

^^^Death Grips and NIN give finished and polished products. His album has a sound like their demo material may sound before being correctly recorded. The problem is, all we got was shells of songs. He was too busy with his head up Kim Kardashian's azz to finish a record, yet fans still have their heads too far up his azz to realize they got bamboozled.

It's disrespect to Kanye's good work over all these years to group unfinished dribble with his brand. Very disappointing. Even when I didn't like stuff in the past, I know it was delivered as a full vision, not shells of work needing more being rushed because timelines weren't being met and focus was on things other than the music.

U kidding? It was just wack. Wasn't Avant Garde, wasn't progressive, wasn't forward thinking...

it was just wack.

It was a misstep. He went too far left.

Troup still holding down the fort. Props. Ish was just wack, nobody should be afraid to say it.

love that album. from a production stand point, it was amazing... that's the reason why it failed though, the beats are too hardcore for the general public. :sigh:

yeezus was dope as hell to me. i'd say its ahead of its time but that really depends on where music goes from here. i'm a fan of yeezus though.

seeing as how it just came out last year. It's kind of too early to say that Yeezus was ahead of its time. However I will say that out of all of Kanye's albums it is the most daring. It's also the most flawed. It just sounds Harsh and disjointed.

The most daring.......
Na
808's was daring
yeezus was a bunch of ideas thrown together n we got bound at the end...

Last edited:
lol, the album was wack

Probably his worst. As much as i like Kanye, Kanye reminds me
as one of those artsy dudes that slaps a bunch of paint on a
canvas and calls it "abstract art" and he'll walk around like he's
Davinci in the flesh. Anyone who doesn't agree or calls it
hot trash is "not progressive or artistic enough" for him lol.

lol, the album was wack

Probably his worst. As much as i like Kanye, Kanye reminds me
as one of those artsy dudes that slaps a bunch of paint on a
canvas and calls it "abstract art" and he'll walk around like he's
Davinci in the flesh. Anyone who doesn't agree or calls it
hot trash is "not progressive or artistic enough" for him lol.

QFT!!

This is so spot on, couldn't have said it better myself.

They always use the "ahead of its time" excuse to justify why no one bought into something weak. Time ain't gone make up for bullshit.

Last edited:
Straight Rubbish. Yeezus captures Kanye when he's in that dark isolated super celebrity stage where he's out of touch with reality. He was so caught up in "his genius" his mind was playing tricks on him. He could have banged on a pot and he would have thought it was some groundbreaking innovative shit. The funniest thing I remember him saying in it's defense was" I already showed you I can give you perfect music"(LOL) The title alone speaks volumes.

Last edited:
Back