(video)Jay-Z killed this freestyle last night at the B-Side concert 2015

Also the cell phone analogy is skewed.

1) They want money, it has little to do with technological advances. In fact they hold back on ideas, just to release another version. We saw this in action with iPhone 1. It had no video filming support, yet a jailbreak code allowed you to film. That means that the technology was already there. No new phone was needed. In other words they are dragging you out.

2) The phone carrier (Sprint, ATT, Verizon) company couldn't care less about the phone. They pay minimal prices for thousands of them. The phone build is under $50, so do the math. And they actually make their mass profits on accessories (cases, headphones, warranties, chords, chargers). So what do phone companies get by selling phones? They get you contracted for 2 years. Sure here's a free phone, but the cost of the service and accessories makes up for it by far. Notice how cheap the phone is just 6 months later and how little it costs to end a contract. Please understand that this was already calculated into the process of "giving" you a "deal" on your phone.

So no. It's not generally a 1 time transaction.

Even Protools and Machine, and iPod does it. They were smart enough to know people will Crack and bootleg the software, so they ensured you needed hardware to go with it. You're actually paying for the software, even though you think you've bought a great hardware device, again under $50 to build.

So everyone related to creating music, and storing music, has a plan to continue the transaction, yet artists don't seem concerned with what they get out of the scenario.

Regardless of the amount you should hope everyone subscribes to Spotify, Tidal, Google, Beats etc.....it's your music. The company's are making their cash regardless with ads and hardware.

Don't get me wrong. I like the idea of tidal. I'm just thinking from a normal consumer standpoint. outside of the mindset of a producer. Most normal consumers aren't really worrying about hifi. The chance of tickets are dope though so that is a good selling point. What tidal needs to go on as is is an artist revolution. They need a lot and I mean a lot of the big name artist to completely pull off of spotify and pandora. Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, The Black Keys, Eminem, Taylor Swift, Kanye West, Drake, Lil Wayne, Young Thug, Nicki Minaj, One Direction, Justin Bieber would all really have to pull their music off of those other streaming sites. That's what will get people to go to Tidal.

Back