(Video)Is Run The Jewels the best Hiphop Duo since Outkast? Hell yeah!!

Ha, u late fam. That came out last year (a cat on FP hipped me to it). One of the best albums last year, no doubt. I thought run the jewels was the album name, not the group. ?
I'm not sure about the best (u forgot about little brother), but they are pretty good. Outkast was some innovative once in a while thing.
Cali holding it down now, sorry ATL. I thought El-P was from NY.

name of the group is run the jewels and the LP is Run The Jewels... El-p is from NY.... Cali isnt holding it down not to be disrespectful but w/o DJ Mustard Cali doesnt get radio play... thats the truth becaues Mustard got Cali on his back right now.... ATL still run the radio everywhere.... it might not be the music I like but with cats like Young Thug and K Camp making waves... not to mention Gucci Mane just dropped a bomb on the radio.... stats wise ATL got it on lock still not to mention everyone is biting our style ala the Migo flow..

Sounds like home town bias. LOL.
If radio play is your criteria u shouldn't even mention run the jewels. To my knowledge, only the heads know about them.
But if u go by underground quality, excluding Kdot & Schoolboy Q . . .
Earl
Tyler
Vince
Freddie Gibbs
YG

Ain't nobody checking for Gucci no more, Future still doing his thing though ( I like that track with 3000). No diss, but u sounding like some NY cat caught in the past. I just think Cali got the momentum now, if u look at the projects they droppin.

I look at music in a whole..... Gucci mane is still relevant even was he was behind bars.... not even bias because I think alot of stuff in my city is certified garbage minus the Dungeon Family.... Freddie Gibbs and YG are the only 2 cats we hear on ATL radio mind you that v103.3 is one of the highest ranked stations in the US in general especially Big Tiggas 2pm turn up show....

in general much like on Complex.com me and the writers argued about this and we all came to conclusion by the stats that ATL still got it.... the real question is for how much longer? me personal I was happier when ATL was just a regional thing...

anywho, I will holla at yall later I gotta show to mix and production to be made.... peace

Back