(Video) Does DJ Mustard beats suck????

AveMcree

Dope Boy Music
whudd up guys... its been a while and alot has changed.... anywho alot of people ask me how do I feel about DJ Mustard making it big and Ive seen alot of cats on here go in on homie as well... so I addressed it... IDK how to embedded this joint and it might not play on phones

Who cares? Really? DJ Mustard is swimming in millions...and he's doing it with stock FL Studio sounds. I remember many moons ago...Hit Boy (a former FP member) received the same negative feedback. Where is he now? He, too, is swimming in newly minted $100 bills. It will always been those who are not on that will throw stones.

Nice vid and some valid points.
I personally like down beat, as a huge fan of trip hop it is an essential part of it and to have major producers getting play using that method is a plus in my book. Tempos seem to have climbed over the years and sometimes I just want chill music to listen to, when hyfy shot off I pretty much quit listening to current music because it just doesn't appeal to me.

I also liked the example of the dj being able to use it to bring back some older tracks which can span not only different eras of hip hop but can also be used to update and bring attention to older tracks from the soul, funk and even blues eras to toss some fun into a live dj set.

Who cares? Really? DJ Mustard is swimming in millions...and he's doing it with stock FL Studio sounds. I remember many moons ago...Hit Boy (a former FP member) received the same negative feedback. Where is he now? He, too, is swimming in newly minted $100 bills. It will always been those who are not on that will throw stones.

trust me my brother there are people with millions that dont like DJ Mustard because of those stated facts..... also I remember seeing DJ Mustard using reason and the MPC2500 at one time....

haters come with phat pockets as well.... most major cats hate on the new guys even if they have great material... its just the nature of things..... sadly

honestly couldn't get through the video but ya dj mustard is dope, most people who hate on him are producers themselves, i think it's jealousy they can't make simple ass beats that bang like him.

i'm actually working on keeping my **** simple after hearing his stuff (not really influenced by him style-wise though)

Last edited:
yeah looking back at the video it was long winded and people dont have the time for long lectures so I F'd up making it this video so long before the demostration...

tbh, its kind of hard to make a catchy tune thats simple especially if a producer is use to making "big" records.... thats one of the reasons why he is on top!!.. I agree.... with that said thanks for the feedback on the video guys I will try to get to the point faster on my next discussion video.... later

Back