usb audio interface

jamesdolecek

I'm looking for an audio interface with very low latency for producing,im using a launchpad and other midi controllers. Any suggestions on a great interface for solo project?

will only be using midi

Wait, I'm confused - are you looking for an audio interface, or a MIDI interface?

Many audio interfaces have a MIDI in/out as well, but the best one in your price range - the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 - does not have MIDI features.

If you need MIDI, the cheapest bet would be the PreSonus AudioBox USB at ~$125 ish which has 2-in/2-out audio and MIDI I/O, but only handles audio up to 48kHz/24-bit due to it being a USB 1.1 device and not even USB 2.0. The Scarlett 2i2 has 96kHz/24-bit capabilities, and all of our Icon interfaces have 192kHz/24-bit (but we cost a bit more because of it).

Cheers,

Rob

the audio interface will not change your midi latency: it is already low latency as its data speed is ca 31250bits per second, any transmission channel clogging will be your daw not your interface

the audio interface will not change your midi latency: it is already low latency as its data speed is ca 31250bits per second, any transmission channel clogging will be your daw not your interface

There are some interfaces out there that help lower latency by allowing you to apply plugins on the signal directly on your interface, before sending to your DAW (saves latency by needing fewer plugins on your DAW, which like bandcoach said, is the main source of your latency issues). However, none of these interfaces (like the UA Apollo Twin Duo) will be found in your budget.

Focusrite's 2i4 has MIDI on the back and isn't bad, but if you only have 200 bucks and are expecting to find something that won't overload with a billion MIDI tracks, then I don't think you'll have any luck

I'm sorry but MIDI latency and audio latency are different things

the op is asking how he can make his external controllers act more quickly not how can he use plugins more effectively

Back