Urgent: How to stop samples in Reason 5's nn19 to stop overlapping?

Trillosopher

Trillosophy 101
Ok, so, here's the deal. I have this sample I want to flip, so I created two NN19's for it. One is the instrumental version of the song, the second is the version with the vocals on it. So see, I want to switch between the two. I'm doing this because I don't want TOO much vocals in it. Otherwise, I'd use just the one with the vocals.

So, when I have a pattern down with just one of the NN19's, it's fine, no overlapping at all. But when I bring the second one into play, it overlaps from the transition of the first NN19 to the second.

If it was just the one NN19, it won't overlap at all. And it's pissing me off. I have the release all the way up and polyphony all the down for both of them, what am I doing wrong? Is there anyway I can just import both of the rex files I have to ONE NN19 to prevent this? If I'm being unclear at all, let me know and I'll try to explain and with more depth.

use NNXT instead of NN19... NN19 cant do multiple samples.

Import both into ONE NNXT and map to different keys, then turn the polyphony down to 1.

Import both into ONE NNXT and map to different keys, then turn the polyphony down to 1.

how do i import both into the nnxt? i know i can click browse patch and then load one of the rex files into it. but how can i import both and map them?

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

Okay.. disregard my last post. i found out how to load individually chops into the NNXT, but the thing is, when i do it one by one, the pitch of them is always screwed up. how can i fix that?

oh these are rex files? then use octorex?

Or keep using it with nnxt and just make sure u map the samples right. Its the root note you need to mess with. The root note should be the same as the key you are assigning it to.

The NN-19 can do multiple samples. There used to be a time when the NN-XT didn't exist, y'know :)

so say I've created two loops using Recycle.. it's possible that I can import BOTH of them into ONE NN19? That's really what I'm going for here. I'm kind of new to Reason 5 so I'm somewhat lost <_<. I've got the basics down it's just this one thing which is REAAAALLY irritating me.

I can't remember the exact procedure but you probably have to create a keyzone for each sample & then load them in those zones (or just load the samples at the same time and then create the zones afterwards). The manual is pretty helpful in this respect :)

But if you're using REX loops, why just not use OctoRex?

eh, i was just interesting in using the nn19 since i've seen many others do it.

i can load two individually samples into the dr octo rex, right? because i know in reason 4 and before you couldn't do that..

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

okay, so, nevermind my last post. i have two rex files in dr. octo rex. i created two note lanes for each of them, right. but now, for some reason, both note lane has the same sample.. they're not the two different ones i intended them to be. help?

I'm not quite sure how it works as I've never used it (I jumped off the Reason boat at v2.5), but from what I gather you'd rather use a single pattern lane to switch your loops rather than the note lane - Dr. OctoRex still only plays one loop at a time despite the fact you can have eight of them loaded.

Back