Urban/Non Urban FP T-Shirt Design Contest

How many inks are you printing in? Does it depend on the entries you get, or should we design within a single ink?

The shirt template supplied is only 72 dpi. Can you provide one in the desired dpi of 300dpi, or are we to resize it ourselves before submission?

We need to know the size we can design in within the matrix of the shirt. For example, is the design 8"x10" on a M shirt or an XXL shirt?

If possible, could you tap out another shirt template with a keyline on it that shows us the area we're allowed to design in. Like, the printable area of the shirt.

Also, what has to be on the shirt specifically. As far as details. Like could we do "FP", or do we need to have stuff like the URL and the full name as well. Is there any rule on that?

Also, is it allowed to have religous motifs (provided they're not offensive/divisive)?

How many inks are you printing in? Does it depend on the entries you get, or should we design within a single ink?

It is in CMYK

The shirt template supplied is only 72 dpi. Can you provide one in the desired dpi of 300dpi, or are we to resize it ourselves before submission?

Resize it for submission. I would rather not have emails that large.

We need to know the size we can design in within the matrix of the shirt. For example, is the design 8"x10" on a M shirt or an XXL shirt?

Image Size: Front and back can be 8" x 10" centered. that is for all sizes

If possible, could you tap out another shirt template with a keyline on it that shows us the area we're allowed to design in. Like, the printable area of the shirt.

The template is just for the FP user to vote on. It's not meant for anything else.. so I don't think it's all that important. You can put your image anywhere you like but maybe not below the center frame of where an 8x10 area would lay.

Also, what has to be on the shirt specifically. As far as details. Like could we do "FP", or do we need to have stuff like the URL and the full name as well. Is there any rule on that?

Nope.. go for whatever you think represents FP the best. The people will decide if you did a good job.

Also, is it allowed to have religous motifs (provided they're not offensive/divisive)?

If what you want to do is have religious motifs, go for it. The users will decide what represents them best.

:)

Happy Designing!

smartie said:
It's not meant for anything else.. so I don't think it's all that important. You can put your image anywhere you like but maybe not below the center frame of where an 8x10 area would lay.

That's what I was meaning. As in if you were allowed to print over areas like the sleeves or the tail of the shirt, rather than just in the middle of the shirt. Are you saying we should really keep the design centred?

smartie said:

:D it's stated in the list from my 1st post

Not really from your first post. Your follow-up has been helpful, though. Designs don't have to be centred, for example. You've let us know that we could have a logo aligned right/left etc. provided it sits within that central printable area of 8x10. Thanks for the additional info.

YES.. It will be centered horizontally

the 8" wide, 10" tall printable area is towards the top area of the shirt

It is *not* rocket science :D

Of course "within" this square you can position things however you want... You have to set your files up for that (move drawings around the area)

smartie said:
YES.. It will be centered horizontally

the 8" wide, 10" tall printable area is towards the top area of the shirt

It is *not* rocket science :D

Of course "within" this square you can position things however you want... You have to set your files up for that (move drawings around the area)

Don't kid yourself, it is rocket science. You know it's a tight brief when one person recommends submitting files around 300 dpi when the templates provided were at 72......

My questions had good intentions. If you want to answer every attempt to push the brief with some fiddly semantics and good natured jibes I can take a hint.

The comp's trash. It should've been good. Good luck to the entrants with the patience to submit designs to these shyts......

Mark DBX said:

Don't kid yourself, it is rocket science. You know it's a tight brief when one person recommends submitting files around 300 dpi when the templates provided were at 72......

My questions had good intentions. If you want to answer every attempt to push the brief with some fiddly semantics and good natured jibes I can take a hint.

The comp's trash. It should've been good. Good luck to the entrants with the patience to submit designs to these shyts......

The template is ONLY FOR SUBMITTING A COMP TO JUDGE.. IT'S TO POST ONLINE.. DO YOU WANT TO DOWNLOAD 300DPII FILES TO SEE?

Incase you did not know your current monitor only shows 72-96 dpi.

The person or people who win will have to submit the 300dpi file. I just don't need everyone's.

MARK:

Can we move on and use our time to worry about important things here?

THANK YOU!

-mano

smartie said:

The template is ONLY FOR SUBMITTING A COMP TO JUDGE.. IT'S TO POST ONLINE.. DO YOU WANT TO DOWNLOAD 300DPII FILES TO SEE?

Incase you did not know your current monitor only shows 72-96 dpi.

The person or people who win will have to submit the 300dpi file. I just don't need everyone's.

Don't make it seem like I think it's a good idea to post you files at 300dpi. Pretty much everything about the way you've run this is regrettable. The files for submission are no exception.

Mano said to submit at 300. I assumed he meant all entries because it is so stupid to accept the final file as a raster image at any resolution. If you go to press the shirts with a photo image at 300dpi, you're fvcked. They won't look right.

You should've just briefed right, and included a T-shirt template with a keyline. If you're one of these people who can't even take a few questions without getting huffy and rolling their eyes a good brief could have saved you a lot of sighing and vinegary replies. Take this and Mano's advice as read and grow up.

Mark DBX said:

Don't make it seem like I think it's a good idea to post you files at 300dpi. Pretty much everything about the way you've run this is regrettable. The files for submission are no exception.

Mano said to submit at 300. I assumed he meant all entries because it is so stupid to accept the final file as a raster image at any resolution. If you go to press the shirts with a photo image at 300dpi, you're fvcked. They won't look right.

You should've just briefed right, and included a T-shirt template with a keyline. If you're one of these people who can't even take a few questions without getting huffy and rolling their eyes a good brief could have saved you a lot of sighing and vinegary replies. Take this and Mano's advice as read and grow up.

From what I've read, you're the one getting huffy...

And haven't you been banned once already?

Mark.. we are getting the shirts printed thru Cafe Press. Don't you think a more suitable question would be "how will the production be done" rather then assume something. If you are such the print designer, I would have thought that you would have known to ask that. It seems that you are making more of this then what it is..

As far as your last post; I just clarified since you did not understand why the template was created in 72dpi. I was not implying anything that you did not say. And I did not roll my eyes or be huffy with you.

Mark, you really don't have to be involved or submit to anything.

BTW I don't think Mano ever said submit your design at 300dpi.. unless I missed something?

Mark

You are making this WAY bigger than it really is.. Take it easy

:mad:

If I mentioned 300 dpi it was for the original file people design in.

We have printed many items with raster files sized at 8"x10" with 300 DPI, succesfully.

Nobody minds questions, but questions with attitudes are *much* harder to reply to with a big smile. Your nasty comments to smartie were uncalled for!

jay_jizle is right. Remember what happened in the past and make an effort.

-mano

AlurOne! said:
seems to me that everything was explained quite clearly from the beginning. . .

I respect your opinion and everything. The brief was bad, though. It didn't even let people know how many colours to design in. And the original size request was ridiculous. Most of it's cleared up now, though.

Like Mano euphemistically puts it, it is only a T-Shirt competition. It shouldn't be a bunfight to get a few straight answers and a clarification to the brief. That's all I'm getting at.

smartie said:
Mark.. we are getting the shirts printed thru Cafe Press. Don't you think a more suitable question would be "how will the production be done" rather then assume something.
Cafepress have a huge resource of information on and offline about the way they do things, because they do so much on-demand stuff for the public. I didn't need further information on their production process. I just wanted some narrowing down of how YOU wanted files to be delivered. I did carry into it an assumption, but that's why I asked more questions. To clear it up.

smartie said:
Mark, you really don't have to be involved or submit to anything.
I did have a genuine interest. That was the point of the questions. Now I'll just be content to watch what FreshPow, Shovel etc. come up with instead.

I am still PUZZLED at how much CRAP you put all of us thru... I do not see anything new that you unconvered with the questions.

Let's have fun with this contest and MOVE ON (second time)

Back