Under 400

hp has some and if you are ok with 2nd hand look at used dells as well - they are hard to kill and easy to find support for

The reason you were getting rid of your last laptop is because you didnt think it was suitable for music production. Don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but you arent going to find one that is 'suitable' (by todays standards and the specs I know you are looking for) for under 400 bucks.

We already talked about this in your other thread. I dunno maybe they are cheaper in the states but I doubt that much.
The bare minimum for the specs you need would be almost double that cost..your looking at around 800-1000 new if you don't wanna completely regret your purchase in a few months, or re upgrade again in a year.

Last edited:
you can get an ok laptop dualcore 2.3ghz intelhd 512mb dedicated videomemory 4gb of advertised ram 3.7 actual available for 350-380.

hell, you could get away with 1.6ghz machines if you had a usb audio interface, although I'd recommend a desktop if that's the highest you want to go.
Average laptop/desktop price to performance is a 200 dollar gap, and back in 2009 it was a 400 dollar gap

Back