ummm..... some advice?

M

mcud

well i'm a highschool student here, so i'm not a real dj, and i've been learning turntabling for about 5 months, to play with my band here, the problem now is that my teacher has moved to france, and i got no new teacher till now, and those turntables have a f***ing hell high price, considering where i live, which is in indonesia, and the only place i can buy turntables are about singapore and aussie...

while i'm handling all of that, i got a band to control, while i myself cant play a sh*t, coz i got no turntables, so i decided to use computers....

that takes care of one problem, but now i aint got nuff skills to do everything i want to do, can someone please help me with this?

Well you have a PC, good move :) My personal choice for basic mixing without decks is MJ Studio (link below). You can use your output on you sound card to directly go into an amp. A nice tip is to use a V-PLUG out of your sound card so you can then use your headphones in one of the 2 outputs and then a direct line in the other output to your amp. As its much easier to hear what is going on if you are using headphones.

Then use MJ Studio, I have 128 Megs of ram in me PC and it seems to cope fine with MJ Studio. I Have a P3 500 and that runs Mj Studio fine but when I had a 233 I had a lot of problems so your PC needs to be half decent.

Here is the link for Mj Studios homepage
http://www.d-lusion.com/products/mj/

You can download trial versions of MJ Studio there,

Sub

Give it a try see how ya go.

hey...thanks a bunch!

hey, finally someone replied...

i've seen the mj studio, and seems like i could rely on it now, so thanks a bunch, and i'll use it until at least i can buy a turntable....

anyways, thanks again..

Back