Tutorial: Synchronizing AKAI MPC and KORG Triton to a Computer / DAW

hope to be seeing that tracking tutorial soon so i can get the ball rollin

Hi Mano,

What differenciates the MPC from a software-based sequencer? Is there really any difference? Or is it simply the hands-on method that is preffered by many?

I have an MPC2000 (classic) and don't know whether I should keep it around or not.

Does it maybe add a more ruff and analog sound to my beats and percussion or is sound quality not at all affected?

Any help (or advice) is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
-Anthony

p.s. Do you know if my MP can maybe trigger pads in Battery?

Hi, I'm trying to do something similar and need some help.

I recorded 4 bars of MIDI notes from an external synth into Cubase LE. I am using the m-audio midisport as the MIDI interface. Although the MIDI notes are triggering the synth, the notes don't play "in time". This is a pain because as I'm editing the notes, I need to play them back to check how they sound and it always plays a little off. Is this latency? I tried lowering the buffer size of my mbox in the ASIO control panel but no luck.

RBizzle:

sorry this is a pretty specific / different question... please post it as a separate discussion in one of the forums (GEtting Started or Software Sequencers)

Thanks Mano.

I think I may have figured it out though. It had something to do wtih the MIDI SYNC. I think. It still messed up once or twice after changing the setting but it is more stable than before.

take care.

mano 1 said:
That's the style of the shirt! It even has built-in stains (looks just like coffee stains) and thread coming off all the seems ... Love it :)

H&R rocks :cheers:
That really was a good and simplified vid!But i have a mpc2000 classic how would i get mine set to a computer?Thanks.

Last edited:
is there a way to sync it so it will stop recording after 2 bars? or something like that so i can get exactly the amount i want to record, and not over?

gin147 said:
That really was a good and simplified vid!But i have a mpc2000 classic how would i get mine set to a computer?Thanks.

it is the SAME process... READ YOUR MANUAL for any differences that are in your MPC model...

delo433 said:
is there a way to sync it so it will stop recording after 2 bars? or something like that so i can get exactly the amount i want to record, and not over?

that's a different topic... it depends on which software sequencer you have, etc.

You can setup loop points and loop your recording...

Last edited:
reason 3 wit keyboard

somebody please help me
oki i got a yamaha keyboard dat iz connected to da fireface 800(keyboard-midi out,fireface-midi in)den somebody on dis forum told me to buy a firewire pci card,an a bought it,now a connected da fireface to da firewire card inside da computer,an still reason doesnt detect ma keyboard
any solutions?? a think a spent more den 2 months trying to figure dis out :D

STRIT_LAIF said:
somebody please help me
oki i got a yamaha keyboard dat iz connected to da fireface 800(keyboard-midi out,fireface-midi in)den somebody on dis forum told me to buy a firewire pci card,an a bought it,now a connected da fireface to da firewire card inside da computer,an still reason doesnt detect ma keyboard
any solutions?? a think a spent more den 2 months trying to figure dis out :D

your question has nothing to do with this video / discussion... please post a new discussion in another section

Phatback56 said:
Can I do this with Audacity and If so how?
thx in advance

I don't think so. I am talking about MIDI here, I think Audacity is mainly about audio. Check on their site / in the documentation for MIDI info.

Last edited:
thanx for the vid, it did help. quick ? tho. i'm plannin on doin pretty much the same thing (mpc and keyboard as hardware, acid pro as daw) but theres gonna be an audio interface involved and i want my keyboard using custom sounds from the computer (not the stock sounds). in terms of connecting the three components together, and streaming onto acid pro real-time(synchronized) how will i MIDI in MIDI out appropriately? (would this setup be better with MPC in control or CPU?)

Hi Mano,

I am able to start the MPC from Cubase but some reason, the beat on the MPC loses the swing when I have it MIDI-synced to Cubase. It doesn't matter where I start it from. Cubase or from the MPC itself. As soon as I turn the "sync in" off on the MPC, the beat plays with the original swing, when I turn it on, it loses the swing. I have tried both "in" ports on the MPC and different "out" ports on my midisport. I have tried with another DAW as well and get the same results. For reason, the MPC doesn't play with the original swing of the beat when it is midi synced to a DAW.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
korg sync

A mano, great video. I got question though. I hooked my triton TR up to cubase and i'm getting no cubase master sync goin on the song only plays when i hit play on the TR. i'm sure i'll figure that out soon,but the other Question i have is when i play the track from the TR the drums come out as pianos on cubase, i have it all set up for GM sounds from cubase, and i'm pretty sure that i recorded in GM. If you or eny 1 has eny ideas i'd preciate it. Oh by the way thanx for this site man, it has helped me alot.

I got my Cubase as the master and I can track into my computer but I still have a problem. Say I make a beat on the MPC with 1/32 hi hats and I use note repeat. When I track into Cubase my hats sound like they have swing on them. How do I fix this. My latency is like 7ms, so i don't think it is that. Holla at me. thanks a lot.

(mano here)

sorry Tennessee, I don't know what this may be from... post a question in the SEQUENCERS forum

Back