Trying to make a rock song on computer

I am trying to do the same thing create music with software instead of real guitars. Have you tried using Amplitube Fender?

I am trying to do the same thing create music with software instead of real guitars. Have you tried using Amplitube Fender?

Amplitube does not allow you to play "guitar sounds" with a synth... it simulates a guitar amplifier when you play a guitar through it... and you can play anything you want through it, but it will just be simulating playing whatever that is through an amp.

It does not make things sound like a guitar.

Sorry I forgot to mention that I use Humbucker Guitar which is a Kontact midi instrument and then I appy Amplitube as an effect which although it's not 100% it can give you some quite good results.

That guitar track sounds like it's EQ'ed like a french horn. It's all mid and the highs and lows seem nonexistant. I'd scoop the mids and try bringing in some highs around 10-12K. If it still doesn't sound good, it's the way it was recorded and needs to be re-done.

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

Oh just noticed you're not using real guitars whatsoever. This is completely why. Nothing except a real guitar miked properly through an amplifier cabinet will sound good.

Back