Trying to develop a new production style. Positive/Negative feedback welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

REJEN

REJEN
I'm trying to develop a production style that is very energetic and synth-driven but I'm not sure how well I'm actually progressing. My ears could be lying to me so I've decided to ask the public for their thoughts.

Please, negative criticism is very much welcome, no pain no gain.

p.s I'm really lazy when it comes to mixing instrumentals, don't bother criticising that...hahahaha

https://soundcloud.com/rejenmusic

Last edited:
Synths were good, drums are a little crunchy Idk if that's what you were going for but you can either shorten the track or keep it that long Idk if you have a pro soundcloud account but shortening the tracks is a great way to give you more space to upload the rest of your stuff.

Feedback?

ahh sweet, these are the type of comments I was looking for, I can definitely see the differentiation:track length problem and the repetitive drum parts. mm, not really sure how the drums on that got crunchy hahaha, must've slapped something on without noticing it.

Been having problems trying to adapt to this energetic style for a couple of months, looks like I'm making progress. Thank you for your comments and I'll be sure to leave feedback and check out your stuff too kdanger and nipharu.

Dope track you have there Carlos, if that IS your name..hehe, i was a bit hesitant to vote for a track that I've never listened to before but maaan, you definitely got my vote on that one..keep the good stuff going

I'm definitely aiming for weird vibes but man, it comes at a cost of more fail beats hahaha. I've noticed unusual track lengths on almost my tracks. I definitely should heed the 'shorten the tracks' advice..

Probably should kick my own bum and start mixing my own tracks too :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back