Trinidad James Says Atlanta Runs New York...

FeloneusSupremeProd

FP Official Threadkiller
Last edited:
New York now isn't what it used to be. I think everyone can see that.

But it is what it is. Shit can change in the blink of an eye. One artist can come and change the game and bring his whole city back on top.

I think regions are still relevant because the U.S. is so big, it equal to several countries so there will always be that diversity.

He pretty much just picked on one State... everything is Global now, techno runs the U.S.

When he said Atlanta runs NY... he meant that Atlanta is what's popular now.

There was a time when Jamaica ran the States.

Trends... but I have to say... the South has not let go of the stronghold. TX was on before ATL,.... now... that's not the case.

N.Y. is never coming back. I actually watched an interview with that guy Troy Ave and everything he said was exactly what you should do for your region... then I listened to his music... I ain't trying to hear it.

I'll take the South over that NY ish...

Last edited:
He pretty much just picked on one State... everything is Global now, techno runs the U.S.

When he said Atlanta runs NY... he meant that Atlanta is what's popular now.

There was a time when Jamaica ran the States.

Trends... but I have to say... the South has not let go of the stronghold. TX was on before ATL,.... now... that's not the case.

N.Y. is never coming back. I actually watched an interview with that guy Troy Ave and everything he said was exactly what you should do for your region... then I listened to his music... I ain't trying to hear it.

I'll take the South over that NY ish...

What interview was that?

The problem with NY (and im from NY) is that NY stopped making hot music, they stopped doing them.
NY artists are talking about NY this, NY doesn't support their local artists, NY doesn't push their artists,
NY radio doesn't do this, doesn't do that... you got Maino spazzing on radio, Flex spazzing on radio, Kay
Slay spazzing on radio, Papoose spazzing on radio... yet noone is talking about the MUSIC... the only
thing that matters, noone is talking about...

Maino, Papoose are the type of artists i am talking about, specially Maino... and i like Maino... but they are
in that "what happened to my city" mentality that they forgot that THEY happened to their city, THEY
and artist like them are the reason why NY is in the state it is in... they forgot about making hot music
and resorted to complaining.

I remember watching that Power 105 interview with Jay and they asked him about this, all he said was
"just make hot records, i don't really know what else to say, just make hot records"

These NY artists do not understand the concept of "leading by example".

The Music Industry revolves around hit records, you either have em or you don't... no excuses.

Last edited:
Atlanta run the world. What is a NY?

Hell.....check the history. THe South has always been a major part of the growing of hip hop. While dudes were worried about a bunch of words that didn't mean nothing.....the south had music that everyone enjoyed. Check the history.....every year a song in the south was more popular than all that New York stuff. It's hard for people to believe because they were so stuck on "real hip hop" that they never noticed. While they were in cyphers and shit........talkin bout some "Yo...check 1, 2 thun......yo......I slaughter MCs....." the rest of the world was on some
Luke - I Wanna Rock (Doo Doo Brown)[Official Video] - YouTube

Nobody gave a fuuck about New York rappers once they were able to start "participating with music" again. But New York was hot due to the same thing. Not that check 1, 2 shit. So let that be a lesson. Nobody gives a shit about your lyrics. Don't let Em fool you....they don't give a shit about his ability either.

And that's why Atlanta gone keep runnin all yall niggas. THen Florida gone bust you a cross yo ass wit that booty shake music............it's a cycle...nothing new. People love to have fun.

My point in the other thread. You rappers sucks...you have no participation with your music. I don't know what to classify yall today. You sit and cry like babies about music being wack.......because nobody gives a shit about your 30 pages of rhymes in a notebook. ALl of that hard got damn work trying to make 50 words rhyme and shit....and Wiz is one of the wackest rappers in history....passing you dudes with the easy trick in the world. smh. NY your thew. Where Brooklyn at....where Brooklyn at?

I'm down with yall though. The Nets is my team for real.

lol.............yall let a confused white beat maker take yo shit......then you had the nerve to try to show people how that old as dance was done. Like did people still continue to do the Harlem Shake from back then til now. OMG!

I can go on for days NY.............we lovin it. Yall were so got damn cocky with us like we needed yall. And our dumb ass thought we needed yall.

But fuuck all that....we know NY is a joke..........but the whole SOUTH IS GETTIN LIKE NY. We could appreciate our underground greats.....but now we are falling victim to media hype. And avoiding the media hype is what keep the whole south strong....because we didn't need that shit. We were fans of our shit. Nobody could do our shit the way we do. It didn't matter what the T.V told us.......it felt good we weren't all on the T.V and radio because it made our music feel special to us.

But man back to N.Y.....lmao......yall let Canada take the one thing yall had. Man when I think of lyricist now I don't even think New York rappers.....I think Canadians. lmao!!! Nothing against Canadians man.........but damn New York dudes be on some battle shit and gettin tore up. Shit is funny.........

It's all love...I'm messing with yall with the truth......but on some other real shit....THE UNDERGROUND RULES THE WORLD. I say that shit all the time. Without the underground you wanna be rich and on rappers wouldn't have a trend to be in. Which leads to ask WTF is New York's underground doing? The same shit that wasn't doing anything? If so then WTF is wrong with your youth? Why them grown ass dudes in MY keep feeding yall stuff that was NEVER POPPIN? Why they not feeding you that Whodini shit? Run DMC shit? WHy they always feeding you that Wu Tang shit? KRS1 shit. Nelly showed dude what time it is and yall still feeding these youngin's that shit. They in a losing battle now. Because they think that shit cool. You messin their heads up.......so they turn to our sound so they can feel young like they sposed to.

Naw Westcoast....I got to get yall too. That grown man music shit only worked for us because we thought like grown folks at a young age. And yall STILL on George Clinton's dick? Them young dudes don't want to hear their great grandpa's music got dammit! Thinking you cool because you didn't quantize your drums so they got that west coast swang. Then the youth see the rest of the world having fun. You still trying to hold on to having the best weed in rap......them youngins on some other shit so that weed smoking music ain't fding them like it did us. High as hell stuck off the groove....they don't give a fuuck about your feel good groove...they want some mollies and shit. So you lose them.

Fuuck is wrong with people. We trying to get these kids to love their great grand daddies music. And get pissed when they run to trap music. They don't want to hang with their daddy or the odd balls.......they want to socialize and be a part of something.

And it sad New York........yall rappers don't know how to have some GOT DAMN FUN!!!!! Got them dudes thinking that fat ass white dude sound like Ghostface and shit....fuuck wrong with yall. A big spit beard, grease stains on a grey tank top lookin MFer. smh.

I'm done. Bring yo lurkin ass on....I see ya. 1 post having MFers!!!

If it wassent true, Maino woulda laughed it off...
But it must be somewhat true because he caught feelings and got mad.

HAHA

Interesting takes. Also find it interesting that this video shows up. Coincidence or just great marketing.

Maino Feat. The Mafia - F*ck These Industry Niggaz

He pretty much just picked on one State... everything is Global now

Exactly, its a dated topic. It's like having a discussion on why music listeners don't purchase physical CD albums like they used to in a time when virtually every song you would ever want to hear is one click away via You Tube / Spotify.

And besides that music moves and evolves as time goes on, no one city or region should be expected to hold a permanent stronghold just because it originated from there. If it does then that means its impact is limited to that area only (ex - DC Go Go, New Orleans Bounce, Baltimore Club Music, etc...). It should spread its wings and eventually become a big gumbo pot of different flavors and styles. Just look at the history of black music in this country, was it a bad thing that the Deep South no longer held the rhythm & blues music scene on lock during the Motown/Philly Soul/NY Disco/Ohio Funk Bands era? Was it necessary a bad thing when Techno left its home base of Detroit and went overseas to Europe and became its own monster?

Last point in regards to the Hip Hop scene in NY the city that gave birth to this thing called Hip Hop no longer EXISTS. In the 70's the city was near bankrupt (Detroit 2013), crime was out of control and the demographics were almost completely different (heavy base of working-class Italians, Irish, African-American, Puerto-Ricans, Jewish....now its more Central Americans, Asians and Caribbean immigrants along with the "HipsterNation", trust-fund babes...all who are for the most part are completely DISCONNECTED from the original Hip Hop roots of the "old New York City". This is the number one reason for the overall decline in the hip hop scene in NY (besides the radio politics, lack of support for local showcase venues, etc...) This is nothing new, the city is always in a constant state of flux and transition and its Hip Hop run was just one chapter out of many

New Generation=New Sound. New York laid the foundation for a global phenonemon. Their legacy with hip hop is already cemented. My pops is from New Jersey and he tells me this all the time. When you mention rap or hip Hop, you have to mention New York in the same sentence. It's time for other states to contribute to its growth. There will always be R&B music but there's only one Motown. The same can be said about New York City even though today's New York artist is trash. I do like the 30 plus year old rappers. Some say Joey Badass is the future.

Last edited:
Yall haven't seen the last. Trap will evolve into booty shake just cause of all the 4 to the floor stuff. And it's going to change the game once again. It's going to last way longer than trap and crunk. So just a heads up. I have a time machine. I know these things. Youngin's ain't hip to it because they never experienced it. Some fool from Europe will get popular explaining his new style of music as being trapno......and we gone spank dat ass with our southern flamboyance.

She be hittin that shit. I'm soooooooooooooo in love with her. DAMN!!! I would marry her on the spot if she was singing that shit around me and moving and dance like that. I would captain caveman her. THAT'S RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEYAAAAAAAAAEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIGHT!! WOOOoooooooooo!!!!

R&B gone kill the charts because of it. And Rice will be that old ass man off in the club lookin pimpish. With the cane, the hat, the gators, and the [POSE ZAAAAAH!!!!! Make those two words as one on nem].

Last edited:
all he says is Nigga in his raps that tight ass skater pants mf aint no shit he needs a brain transplant point blank ignorant ass mf

Well when was the last time there was a Trinidad thread?
I said it b4 I'll say it again NY cats way tooooo sensitive about the current state of hip-hop as it relates to NYC.
There's not a time machine to go back to beginning of rap.
Although I think the states(+Canada) are still at the forefront of hip-hop, this is a global thing.
Young cats borrow from the style that is hot, NY rappers just ain't got it like they use to
I have no sympathy because I remember when NY rappers use to talk about rappers from the south they were mentally challenged.
All we did is make dance music, we had no flow.
Cee-lo mentioned this shit on his first album:

Last edited:
i don't get what the big fuss is about really.. trinidad james said.. they run ny radio.. realistically THIS AINT THE 90'S .. who the **** listens to the radio? lol niggas bump they ipod in they car.. and who has a radio around anymore lol .. in the club though.. i would agree with him.. their music does get played more.. cause that 90's type shit that these new ny dudes is making.. you really can't play that in no club.. niggas is tryna get drunk turn up and party.. not sit chilll and think about they life.. it wouldn't work

This statement woulda been truer years ago during the Krunk Music trend...but nowadays WTF is ATL music?

Ross? No he's Miami. J. Cole...nah, that's NC. Nicki? Drake? Wayne? Who other than Future and 2Chainz is getting spins from ATL right now? And you can't say it's an ATL based sound, the music has evolved too much to still be classified as such.

Last I checked ATL has fallen off like Houston did after the screwed movement. The south is still running hip hop music right now, but it's not ATL, it's the entire region. And what does that mean when ALL rap is failing to compete with other genres of music right now?

Irony is...Trinidad James is irrelevant at this point, he isn't "running" anything currently. Only spins he gets is on the song with August Alsina who IS NOT from ATL.

Back