Transferring Midi Beats between DAW to MPC, and between VST to VST

ondray

Hey Guys, what's the fastest way to transfer between you DAW to the MPC.

I'm using MPCMAID (http://mpcmaid.sourceforge.net/) to create the MPC kits files with samples manually. Than creating a song for live performance from the midi loops I export from Cubase and load into the MPC.

I'm looking from something that will take the kit file from my Abbey Road Drum kit, using the Kontakt Sampler and convert it as a kit file to load in the MPC. Is there anything like this or similar?

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I think I'm not stating my question correctly. So besides getting the midi out of my DAW (which I have working) and using licensed samples or not. I'm looking for a solution to create the MPC kit file from a VSTi kit. Something that I can click and say "Convert __BLANK_ (EZ DRUMMER, KONTAKT DRUM SAMPLER, BETTERY, etc)" to a MPC kit file. So it would save the midi note locations for the pads, and save the kit samples.

Maybe I didn't clarify my answer correctly. Most software manufacturers protect their sample files with proprietary formats to keep people from using their samples in anything other than their software (what you are attempting). With Kontakt you may get lucky as their are a lot of converters listed online as its been around for a while (google kontakt to mpc convert). With EZDrummer you will not be able to find a converter to do this automatically (proprietary format).

Maybe I didn't clarify my answer correctly. Most software manufacturers protect their sample files with proprietary formats to keep people from using their samples in anything other than their software (what you are attempting). With Kontakt you may get lucky as their are a lot of converters listed online as its been around for a while (google kontakt to mpc convert). With EZDrummer you will not be able to find a converter to do this automatically (proprietary format).

Thanks for the google search tip, found this app Software for your samplers. it allows you to manage akai samples and convert them to NI program files other stuff. I'm going to try it out, but does anyone have experience with this app?

No prob. No experience using any of the converters though.

All else fails render wave files and do it manually.

Back