Track Outs? What? Why?

Track out = Each element in your song exported on it's on

Drums
Snares
melody lines
bass

Each element needs to be exported

You would want to do this for mixing purposes or delivering to a client (depending upon your terms)

Tracked out means that you track out every instrument/track as separate wav-files. Most artists prefer tracked outs over a normal songfile since they can mix and arrange much easier. I usually have:

lease - 320kbps non tracked out mp3
premium lease - tracked out wavs + master wav (complete beat)
exclusive - tracked out wavs + master wav

Last edited by a moderator:
I like NHBeats answer!

GJ
If you are using fl studio there should be a "split tracks" option before you render the track. Check this:
View attachment 36993

This does so all the tracks you have in the mixer inserts get tracked out separately. The ones you don't have assigned to a mixer track won't get tracked out though. ;)

Man these responses are so legit. So what would be an incentive to do a track out like the pros and cons. Why would I want to give someone exclusive rights? Just want to make sure I make the right choices.

Exclusive rights (in terms of dealing with Internet rappers) basically means you can't resell that beat to another artist or rapper. In other words, they're the only one who can use it. You may want to consider this but make sure if your selling you charge more for this privilege.

Also generally if your selling exclusive you'll give them the tracked out wavs, whereas if you're "leasing" you'll want to send them just a single mp3 or .wav file. If you have any more questions feel free to pm!

Exclusive rights (in terms of dealing with Internet rappers) basically means you can't resell that beat to another artist or rapper. In other words, they're the only one who can use it. You may want to consider this but make sure if your selling you charge more for this privilege.

Also generally if your selling exclusive you'll give them the tracked out wavs, whereas if you're "leasing" you'll want to send them just a single mp3 or .wav file. If you have any more questions feel free to pm!

Thanks man I appreciate it that makes it much clearer.

Back