TOP 5 Rappers Since 2008?

Mr. Bts

Wat Do You Guys Think About This Top 5?... (in no particular order) Are these the hottest 5 rappers over the last 3 years, that have only been commerically successful within the last 5 years (since 2008)?... If not... who should be added to the list and who should come off. Let the discussion Begin... Some friends of mine had this discussion on FB so I just wanted to see what the FP forum had to say about it

-Drake
-Kendrick Lamar
-B.O.B
-J Cole
-Wale

all 5 of these cats pretty much blew up 3 years ago. In 08 no one was checking for any of these dudes really. If you were to say the last 3 years you'd have a much better list

Their are still loads of bull dudes coming out..
The only dudes come to mind are -

Bishop Lamont
Kendrick Lamar
ASAP Rocky

www.dfunkdafiedbeats.com

Last edited:
LMFAO this mother****er just said who are the best rappers since 2008 who have had commercial success. That's like asking who the best athlete is since 2008........ who is in WWE. FOH

I thought this over and I've compiled this list.
In no particular order

LIL WAYNE- Lollipop dropped and damn shit was over. Wayne was everywhere. The year before I was the only one who heard of Wayne at my mostly white high school. Next year cats on him like they been listening to him since is hot boy days.

RICK ROSS-Hustlin, Maybach Music, Aston Martin Music, BMF. The man has had a string

Tek N9NE- He finally started to get the major recognition that he had lacked for sooooo long.

DRAKE- I'll admit I liked dude when he first showed up in 09 to the major stage. This was before he got overexposed, but boy from Cananda can rhyme. But it's his string of hits with YMCMB that gets him on my list

B.O.B./Wiz Khalifa.- They both kinda deserve this spot. Both have been hustling hard and both have gotten a lot of recognition for their work. Although both have been a lil quiet as of late

Replace B.O.B with Yelawolf. If Yelawolf had the right direction instead of being a product only, he would be making more noise than anybody today. And of course if he would tone down the country grammar....It always sound over exaggerated.

B.O.B to me is a one hit wonder. Who has the right ingredient but doesn't have the natural appeal to stay commercially relevant without a relevant feature. Like who would actually want B.O.B as a feature on their album? It would be on some buddy buddy favor shit. But man....B.O.B is stuck in the white wash zone.....sorry to say. He might as well feature songs with nothing but pop megastars and try to go into that lane.

Last edited:
I have a question about Wiz.............does he have any other popular songs besides Black and Yellow? I don't keep up with the dude....always thought he was overrated. Only reason I used to support dude was because I thought the whole time him and JJ was on some Snoop and Dre type shit....and it was more for JJ. But really as a rapper/artist he was below average to me. I know more about him and Amber Rose than his rap career.

Last edited:
B.o.B
Yelawolf
Slaughterhouse
Chevy Woods (Signed with Taylor Gang. Much better than Wiz)
Jarren Benton(Signed with Funk Volume)

Not in order

I have a question about Wiz.............does he have any other popular songs besides Black and Yellow? I don't keep up with the dude....always thought he was overrated. Only reason I used to support dude was because I thought the whole time him and JJ was on some Snoop and Dre type shit....and it was more for JJ. But really as a rapper/artist he was below average to me. I know more about him and Amber Rose than his rap career.

He still has roll up, no sleep, work hard play hard. This isn't a list of dudes who I like. just a list of dudes who are popular. B.O.B. to me has potential, but has never really worked it into something amazing yet. I like YelaWolf but he reminds me of J Cole a few years ago. Kinda in between national success and indy success

Wiz is one of those rappers, that when you tell people hes overrated, they go crazy at you, and defends him by saying "But he smokes weed, and f*ck b*tches!"

He sucks man, flow's too slow, and he's just a recycle from Snoop.

Last edited:
Back