Top 5 Rapper’s Who Will Be Around In The Next 10 Years

:4theloveofgod:

Seriously?

Jay z is already losing ground quickly and falling off in relevance, he is no longer in touch with his audience. Retired before 10 years from music easily.

Drake, maybe but I don't see him as having much staying power. he is still fairly young so he may pull his head out of his a$$ yet.

Kanye is slowly self destructing, not so sure he has 10 left in him. I could see him going back to producing and label ownership in order to still have a career.

Nas will always be in the background, but up front he has already pretty well signed off on that, another who will be a label owner and producer.

Eminem has fallen off pretty noticeably, another who will be relegated to background work but relevance with audience as a headliner is falling quickly.

I think Nas still has a long career ahead of him. I can see him transitioning into something similar to the late Gil Scott-Heron.

Jay Z will continue to make albums talking about Beyonce, how much money he has and what business ventures he's into.

Kanye will continue to evolve and maintain relevance. He's pretty much the only rapper in the mainstream acting on complete creative carte blanche. Even if the actual output doesn't appeal to me, it's fascinating how Kanye can literally release whatever he wants and make the mainstream accept it (begrudgingly).

From that list? Only Drake. The rest of them got 10+ years already on them. In the case of of Jay and Nas it's 20 years in the game. Drake is the only one age wise I think who can do it.

Being that 4 have been in the game long enough for their friends to consider them "one of the best to ever do it", why didn't they say Kendrick Lamar? I agree with those before me that the ship of the elders are slowly sinking as it pertains to relevance. Basically, they're saying the younger generation has to depend on rappers who will be in their mid 40's to early 50's to speak for them. No one can predict the future.

Not sure it even matters.
If you have something to say no one wants to listen to you.
If they listen to you then you aren't saying anything.

The again Ross has made a career saying the same nothing over and over so who knows?

jay z / nas need to be off that list.. they just need to get into buisness ventures to make money... they'll be old enough to be grandfathers .. they just need to fall back...

eminem is good forever.. white people love him and he makes music geared toward the money so he's good for life

1.Em-Only in the background owning shyt, once the Marshall Mather's LP hunger was appeased he lost the luster/ambition
2.Nas-He's the OG's OG, He'll still drop album's from a retirement home when the time comes
3.Kanye-Public figure/visual artist/designer/label owner, yes...rapper...nah
4.Drake:Nah, rap was a good foundation for him to accumulate asset's, wealth and influence, he'll be amass QUIET billions elsewhere after music
5:Jay:President of USA or NYC Mayor...still dropping albums tho, simply because he can

Last edited:
I don't know, it is difficult to predict future trends in music. I do know that certain rappers will likely be remembered as musical icons for the rest of human history, like elvis, mozart, or the beatles.

Idk how anyone could think Em or Jay-Z will be relevant in 10 years. They're both in their 40s and have clearly fallen off from their prime. Hope I'm wrong but the rap industry is more about young and upcoming than established vets.

Last edited:
Meek Mill
Mac Miller
Earl Sweatshirt (Because he is so involved with production, i think he'll find ways to stay relevant)
Kanye
Snoop (he's not gonna retire until he dies)

From that list? Only Drake. The rest of them got 10+ years already on them. In the case of of Jay and Nas it's 20 years in the game. Drake is the only one age wise I think who can do it.

Agreed.
Jayz will still do his music exec. thing.
Kanye wants to move away from music to fashion designing, but I think he has it in him to do another 10+ yrs of producing. You can produce til youre old and grey, rapping and being in the limelight is a different story.
Lets not forget Timbaland either, one of the GOATs.

As far as these rappers go... these rappers today get played out so quick, I dont see any longevity. They aint creative enough. Everybody's verses are the same. It used be that everybodys shit sounded differnt. Nas would tell you a story (on the hardest beats), he made you listen. Jayzs albums always sounded fresher than everybody elses cause he always used the newest producers of that timeframe (not just his mans). Cant forget Busta, pure entertainment (ON THE HARDEST BEATS)

Back