Too Good to Sample?????

would sir like to try the wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8QOB_gl4N0

if you get rid of sampling you get rid of that album and about 80% of the hip hop albums that are worth anything.

that was when producers didnt have access to keyboards/fruity loops
now theres no excuse to make original beats

im not saying stop sample drums/sound from old records
but producers need to get more creative

all of the hip hop beats are starting to sound the same

that was when producers didnt have access to keyboards/fruity loops
now theres no excuse to make original beats

im not saying stop sample drums/sound from old records
but producers need to get more creative

all of the hip hop beats are starting to sound the same

hm.,ok.which beats are you thinking of?recently which samples have been overused?im trying to think and i genuinely cant.DOA is a f7cking awesome sampled track thats a massive hit right now and doesnt sound like that many track i can think of.
and also there is this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr0fIhytS5g

coolest beat ive heard in a long long time,and the drums?

People sell songs, not the song making process.

You would be surprised how many people truly don't get that. Sample, Composition, who cares as long as it's good music. Both can be done wrong but when both are done right, they're both dope in their own ways. Telling hip-hop to stop sampling would be like telling the NFL to stop running the football & only pass, or telling the NBA no more jump shots only dunks, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
You would be surprised how many people truly don't get that. Sample, Composition, who cares as long as it's good music. Both can be done wrong but when both are done right, they're both dope in their own ways. Telling hip-hop to stop sampling would be like telling the NFL to stop running the football & only pass, or telling the NBA no more jump shots only dunks, lol.

the inkredibles, justice league, & the runners are the only producers out now making good/original sampled tracks

sampling is taking away the talent in music

all of the musicians that made the music that you sample spent years practicing those instruments
it used to take so much talent just to make 1 song

for u producers to take 5 minutes looping their music, throwing drums over it, and calling it your own is wrong to me

a can of worms opened

Just curious Swagg, not trying to talk sh*t at all, but do you have a link to some of your music? Just curious to know where your views stem from.

I doubt that will happen anytime soon. For the most part, people around here with the strongest opinions have the weakest beats. That is why I try not to have strong opinions, I dont want my beats to suffer (LOL).

-1-

I disagree because Good Life by Kanye and Kingdom Come like dude said proves that if done right it's just as good, and you can make it your own...

I think the key is doing something creative with it. Those two are great examples how you can mess with a horse that has been whipped to death, and still get something fresh out of it.

What I DON'T consider creative is something like "Dr. Carter" from Tha Carter III, produced by Swizz Beats...ALL he's done is taken that pretty well known David Axelrod song and looped it, he didn't even bother changing or adding drums. That must be the laziest producer credit ever.

Now...blasphemy, again? That's a strange word to Will Smith. Or Diddy.

I don't think anything is too good to sample. I do believe the better of a sample you pick to flip, you gone have bigger expectations to fill.

you can't please everybody all the time...so if it comes out, for the most, dope, and it's well done, i won't hold it against you.

but....if you're samplin some beatles music and i hear "yesterday" looped and pitched up with some stock drums over it....you're gonna be obsolete to me.

Back