Tonesia - Tonesia

Excellent strings / pads. I think that the pannings are a little too extreme with the hihats, they could be a bit closer to center. The bass is tight. The strings are very dominant in the mix and when they're dropped out at 2:32 it suddenly sounds very empty. There are little crackles with some sample there (I have studio heaphones so I hear little details). The main lead is a little too "mono", I think perhaps a chorus effect or stereo enhancing there would do the trick. Or maybe even sample channel delay.

I think the snare is a little dry and thin. The string sample itself is great, but I'm afraid it doesn't mix well with the rest of the track.

Now don't take these comments as dismissive, I'm only giving constructive feedback. But it seems there are many things to fix here, nothing wrong with that, we all progress all the time. How long have u produced by the way?

Keep it up! :)

CZ

I had never listened my work with headphones, but when I did a few days ago..I have to pan everything all over again. But it`s only a good thing :)

The crackles..The synth is FM7 and I just couldn`t figure out how to get it out.

The whole arrangement is still under construction and there are
for example that lead which needs to be in unisono, more fat.
Tonesia was made very quickly and there is still some work to be done in order to get it finished.

Both the bd and the snare are probably going to be replaced with other samples. But it`s true that the snare is thin.
There`s only a little of reverb.

Don`t worry about you being dismissive. You`re giving good feedback and I thank you for that!

I`ve been making music with computers for about
a year now.

Thanks!

Hey, listening as I type.
Good clear strings intro with that nice tinkling sound.
Do you make your sounds yourself? I hope so, 'cuz if you do, this is some solid work.
Okay, the beat started.
I agree with what Club Zero said.
Bass drum choice is not for me. Try compression.
Yes, if I were you, I'd bring those 2 hi-hats much closer to the center. Maybe have 1 5 percent to the right and the other 5 percent to the left.
The main lead, besides the crackle, could use some chorus and delay.
I like the pulsating organ that came in at 3:00 at the far right. A bit too far right. Or maybe have a panning sweeping stereo effect.
What you need is a 16th note hi-hat or some sort of faster rhythm, I think.
Also some crash cymbals for emphasis.
All in all, good job. You have some good potential here.
CZ and I (and others) give honest feedback and we've all improved a huge amount because of it. I love getting my tracks ripped up by people, so take the above as a compliment.
J

Heya,

Nice track, kinda reminds me of some of my older stuff I did,

I really like the pads, but they run on too long in the track, also the kick is distorting, I really like the sounds you used, but CZ is right about the mixing.

Overall this track could kick *** if you changed some of the sounds and remastered it.

I give this a 6/10

peace, laterz
Xe

Last edited by a moderator:
Back