Tired of making beats: WE ALL NEED TO READ THIS!!!!

i thought about the Video blog, but i have no filter haha or media training and i wouldnt want to have to give specific examples with names and places and companies, because im not trying to paint people in a bad light

id be willing to do something if people had anymore specific questions, maybe a blog, or something on my Tumblr page, to help people out, i just didnt want to do something or charge, cause its not really about that, i didnt want to be that kinda guy even though i thought about charging haha

i got a couple questions in my DMs, that i thought were valid. Let me know, im down for whatever

Church and bible study, Im so sick of these crack head price producers talkin bout they can't sell they wack-ass beats. Get you a target audience and grind to make it happen.

www.yung13th.com
@13thDizciple

There are a lot of ways to make money before you live off of producing only.

Leasing beats, learn to record and mix to charge for studio time, offer lessons to wannabe producers, get with a local artist and grind on itunes, local cd sales, youtube money, show money hopefully some advancement money if you guys are successful, licensing through TV, movies, commercials etc etc....Throw shows: Pay headline artist, charge opening acts for pre-sale tickets, take door money and bar money (if you can negotiate it).

Producing is just like any other job (if you are doing this for money). Go into sales and you will see that there are only a few people really making money and they are extremely motivated, positive, and very hard working. This is the same for any other aspect in the music industry like A&R, marketing, studio owner, etc. and most jobs out in the real world.

If its too hard to swallow (thats what she said) then just make music for fun and fun only (not a bad thing).

Last edited:
Offering lessons to wanna be producers???? how is that gonna happen...these wanna be producers..wiull not let me charge them for teaching them something they can learn on their own.....plus their 2 BIG headed.

#2 I have my beats for lease! but no one is leasing them even at 15.00!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Also how can you make YT money! throguh GOOGLE adsense? it doesnt work people barely click on ADS these days anyway

dude if thats how you think than just give up for christs sake. If your beats arent selling OBVIOUSLY you need to have a look at you MARKETING strategy, which you supposedly have an AS in. You can have some toy piano ass beats and if you market hard enough they will sell. Maybe not a lot but you will get at least one sale if you really go at it.

I am marketing Mill MAJAH but how can I market him more effectively ON THE INTERNET than just sending messages to random people over internet sites, such as TWITTER, FACEBOOk, FP etc?

I am marketing Mill MAJAH but how can I market him more effectively ON THE INTERNET than just sending messages to random people over internet sites, such as TWITTER, FACEBOOk, FP etc?

The last thing you want to do is spam. Idk how you go about messaging random people but thats not really how I personally would do it. Take into heed im just an 18 year old kid whose done some reading on this and listened to some audios. You should be schooling me. BUT, what I would do if I had an artist to market for, would first of all assess who are you trying to sell to? White teenage weedsmokers? Trap stars? Violent people? Emo kids? The working class? The ghetto? Whatever, then one technique thats cheap but sometimes effect is go to artists who also target that market's videos and post, if you like artist 51, your gonna LOVE Mill Majah!!!! The thing is, you gotta have people be able to find mill majah by a search. Have a website for him and put it in your sig on this forum. Make people go to that site to listen. Also have his music for sale. Put him on itunes, make people know hes on itunes. Idk man, theres tons you can read its all in your hands. You just gotta want to learn. Thats some real basic type shit. You can get into more like having his music "on sale" on the website. Normally $15 now only $5.95!!!! Limited Time Only!!! shit like that....

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

and acrtually if you love this guy....bla bla bla effect isnt that great cause its so OBVIOUS....people would think you were him. Matter of fact, the way you went about marketing him in the feed section everyone did think you were him on the low low. You should say something like.....Man mill majah is just as good as this guy but he doesnt get any recognition. Say stuff thats gonna piss people off. If you like wack music dont listen to mill majah!!!

hey ALGRY I been made him a blog here it is

Mill MAJAH Music..(2MaZin Music Ent..)

It has his music for sell etc...is that a good start? let me know what u think ok..........

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

bla bla bla effect isnt that great cause its so OBVIOUS....people would think you were him.

what did you mean by this? what EFFECT

Matter of fact, the way you went about marketing him in the feed section everyone did think you were him on the low low

**what feed section were u reffering to?

(COuld I post on Facebook Mill Majah is bettter than Lil Wayne?

i mean yeah that was a good attempt but if i was an average person i would quickly leave the site for lack of organization. Also, just by posting my music for review in the ffeedback section, i got 149 unique visits to my BRAND NEW site in ONE day....and i know not that many people replied. So, if some of them were artists looking for beats and i had more than 2 and they liked one maybe i would have made a sale. I also need to better my marketing and my website and everything but its a start. Maybe pay a designer to give him a really good professional looking site

Sorry that was poor communication i meant approach...the "if you like *artist* than your going to LOVE mill majah" approach is somewhat ineffective. In my eyes at least. Cause half the time you see that its some dude who is trash.

You posted 9-5 or a 7-3 something hire me song by him a while back, and people thought you were him posin as someone else to get unbiased opinions cause of how you presented yourself if i remember right.

And yes, that would probably get you clicks, but are people who like lil wayne who you want to be listening to this guy? Cause thats probably whos gonna click it.

Last edited:
where is he music up for sale and is his music store widget on facebook?? and on your and his personal domain sites????
make a banner for that blog you have in your sig... make it stand out to ppl
be visibable

you have a degree in marketing if I remember right..use standard marketing techn. and some guierrlla marketing stunts

have him do concerts for free at a large park that young ppl hang out at
we have a downtown park which we call the slides because of these two huges sides and ppl have concerts there all the time.. and ppl from the come and check it out and listen and ever buy music...
the downtown scene can be great for artists..get in good with clubs in the area and really build relationships with business owners and build a
in-city tour get about 20-80 different clubs/bar to host your 30min concert...even if you need to pay the first few businesss owners and then once ppl are able to hear you and like you..you can start to sell merch. at the shows and get bars/clubs to want to bring you in as a local "star"
get yourself on google there are plenty of articles on music marketing and general marketing

you should have a timeline for a album release 6months before release at least 3months
that includes radio play,in-city tour,to local/regional tour,merch,cd release party online and offline,distribution setup online and offline at Mom and Pop stores,promotion and marketing..looking for lincensing opportunities and look to collab with larger known artists in your region..
I start listening to Xzibit because I heard him on Rass Kass album when I was about 18yrs old
ppl buy one album because they hear a artist on another album...
like I said if you want to get serious and can't DIY your own album marketing and promotion you can use my services

Last edited:
Offering lessons to wanna be producers???? how is that gonna happen...these wanna be producers..wiull not let me charge them for teaching them something they can learn on their own.....plus their 2 BIG headed.

#2 I have my beats for lease! but no one is leasing them even at 15.00!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Also how can you make YT money! throguh GOOGLE adsense? it doesnt work people barely click on ADS these days anyway

I just got paid from a producer who didn't need lessons exactly but wanted a studio environment, help sequencing/mixing, and a keyboard which I provided for him. He responded to my lesson ad, I have another session booked Monday from the same ad with an aspiring producer who needs drums made. If people take voice, piano, guitar lessons etc. why wouldn't someone take a lesson on producing?

Google "you tube" top earners and see how much money you can make off of youtube. I recently heard a story about a couple who did song covers of famous songs and made BANK from it. Quit their jobs and bought a house in the Bay Area with no mortgage.

If you want to lease beats check out soundclick instrumentals and look at your competition...can you make beats that catchy and mixed that good? Does your page look as good? If so you can market on SC with paid promo...this will get way more attention and save tons of time from spamming people on Myspace and Reverbnation. Those are things that people who are successful leasing their beats do, so do them if you want to succees. The top earners on soundclick make "live comfortably off of your music" money.

I know you are probably having a bad day or something and are frustrated but if you always have an attitude like that you should get a job with the state or something like that and just make music for fun because you won't be successful in producing or any other job in the industry OR a good corporate job.

How can I give producing lessons when I only have a PC?

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

THere arent that many tours that come to greenville, but how can I help with tours that do come FULL TIME to where I live and get paid?

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

I live in greenville, sc...do you think LOCAL news chasnnels need music? How would I go about doing that?

But truth has to be told to some of these young people because so many become complaisant very quickly and expect everyone to give them a hand out. Dream but set GOAL because GOALS are things you have to do and dreaming will never happen if there are no GOALS set to achieve them.

Spektor! What you really want to do?

Do you really want to succeed with making beats and you know that you have talent in you?
Or do you want to get a stupid job who knows where in these hard times?

no one answered my questions.....

THere arent that many tours that come to greenville, but how can I help with tours that do come FULL TIME to where I live and get paid?

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

I live in greenville, sc...do you think LOCAL news chasnnels need music? How would I go about doing that?

i don't know how things go in US but I can say that local news...might not be a great idea. They might already have someone taking care of that, an in-house employee. Because it's a NEWS CHANNEL...and video, sound editing is something needed!

I think you should keep your stuff online! because you have a wider audience.

Back