Time to upgrade... looking for advice

BeenJammin

Ok so im trying to switch up my sound and how i make my songs. Right now i am using the Maschine for my hardware and as my daw basically as my everything the only other thing i use with it is a midi keyboard and the vst omnisphere. Will attach a song so you can kind of peep what im doing now. But for the past few months i have been learning guitar and i really want to be able to add guitar plus a live bass to most of my tracks as well as a vocal input and i have no idea how to go about that. Think i need to get an audio interface and hook everything up to that and then that to the computer, and get a new DAW like reason or abelton and run maschine through that.

Was just wondering if anyone had any tips on the direction i am trying to go.

And heres something i made recently so just imagine this kind of track with live guitar vocals and bass on it.

Thank you

Glad to see you're making moves with the music!

It honestly depends what budget you're looking at. I buy into the Recording Revolution school of thought where you do not need the most expensive equipment to make good music.

If you can afford to upgrade DAW to something expensive and feel it is worth it, then that could be one advancement...but I would recommend Reaper even, if you're looking for versatility and usability. The license is cheap, the program is powerful, and the company isn't as caught up on making money at every turn like some others.

As far as an interface...if you are literally recording one instrument at a time, then have a look at something like the Alesis io2, or equivalent. Obviously check reviews, but all you need is a midi interface with 1 or more inputs. I have never, ever had a problem with my Alesis and the sound quality is fantastic. Don't get caught up buying mixing desks or anything like that...you do all of that work in your DAW anyway.

I hope this post helps in some way. But even if you choose not to take my advice, your music is nice and I hope you get to where you want to be bro.

I've been using Logic X with maschine for quite a while now and logic's routing setup is super simple for hooking up hardware and mic setups

Back