Time to bring fun back into music (Genuine F4F Always)

wildinout8

Now that it's getting warmer out here in the Bmore I decided to have a lil fun and create a dance track my girl could let the windows down with. If you're expecting trap or a long loop, then you might as well go that cuz you'll never get that from me.Let me know what you think whether you hate it or love it.And as usual I always give feedback for feedback and check out your Soundcloud.

82 views and not 1 comment?? C'mon FutureProducers fam - don't be scared!!

If you hate the track, then vent and say how much this joint sucks...I promise you won't hurt my feelings!

not really an expert in the dance genre. but i like the upbeat vibe. it def gets your body moving a lil haha. i just feel that the kick could be brought a little punchier in the mix as it sounds a lil bit muddy unless thts what you were trying to go for. the bassline that comes in for the hook is real nice as well man. creative stuff as usual . keep it up

appreciate it if you could feed me back: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...dback/new-isaiah-rashad-type-beat-f4f-474783/

I always appreciate the feedback from a producer I've been following on Soundcloud for a minute, YWM. I'm torn about the kickdrum because I really want the bassline to bounce in your ear drums, but I don't want it to overpower and when I turned up the kick everything sounded too muddy, so I lowered it. I still want to fine tune all of the bass elements - do you know of any good VST's to help sharpen bass tones? I also want to eventually change the piano for the bridge to be my live playing once I get an audio interface.

Again, I appreciate the support and always check out each of your tunes on your Soundcloud. Will give you feedback to your link when I get off of work lol

Thanks for the feedback, hrpilm, and I agree with what you guys are saying regarding the drums - I guess this is where engineering truly is an artform in order to get all of the sounds you want to coexist without fighting for space.

I like your idea of an extra melody...maybe put in some guitar or synth halfway through each verse to keep you engaged...maybe even some dissonance in the new chords would be an interesting change.

I will check out your song and Soundcloud after work!

i like the dusty feel of the drums - it was unexpected because when you said it was a dance track, i was expecting an electronic sounding drumkit with a four to the floor pattern - so its a nice surprise.

I think the different sections of the beat work well but you need to work out a transition between the verse and hook - even if it's just a drum fill IMHO. Also I'd try thickening the kick a little to give it a bit more punch.

Nice concept man - good to see not everyone is making trap music!!

Feel free to return feed
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ack/kaleidoscope-ep-complete-mastered-474711/

Thanks for the feedback, S.Singh. I wondered about the transition from the verse to the chorus as well and actually the last instrument I added was the cymbal crash for that transition, but I do I agree that a drum fill would be a better fit...just to let you know that the song is about to go down a different lane.

Thanks for the feedback, kdanger. What would you recommend to brighten the song? Some piano/additional bells or do you just mean engineering/VST-wise?

I was def trying to go for a late 80's/early 90's feel - something you could hear on Krush Groove/Ferris Bueller's Day Off/Sixteen Candles, so I appreciate you picking out that I didn't want to just make some of the generic trap that we hear all day now.

Thanks for the feedback and the compliment, JazzyJohn! I really wanted to try something different - groovy, upbeat, positive, old school. I'm tired of always hearing the same type of tired trap-like beats where everyone is scared of a chord progression and being different. So, I thought I might as well push myself to do it. I've been battling with this bass for a minute now and actually have lowered the volume of it on my local mix. Again, thanks for the review.

I like this, kinda reminds me of old school Eric B & Rakim stuff.
I love it, don't really have any criticisms on it. This is by far my favorite track I heard from you so far!
Keep up the good work!

Back