Time stretch or make your projekt fit ur sample bpm?

peshti

Do u guys time stretch ur chops to fit ur projekt or mess with bpm to fit ur samples? Is there any does and donts?

Depends on what you want to make,

Sometimes I apply reverb if I use timestretching algorithm that saves the pitch of sample

Sometimes I use algorithm(Resample in FL, Re-Pitch in Ableton) that changes the pitch when you stretch it. Then I cut it and re-arrange the sample randomly.

Last edited:
If I'm gonna timestretch (I normally do) I do so before chopping but after truncating to as seamless a loop as possible.
if the whole sample's TS'd then I don't have to do each individual chop.

I ser, sometimes My samples come out choppy not super choppy but you can hear it is not perfect. Is IT because of zero crossing? Also you're a maschine user. I got a problem when i close maschine my audio goes away for a while, this is in Windows 10. Any solutions?

Also you're a maschine user. I got a problem when i close maschine my audio goes away for a while, this is in Windows 10. Any solutions?

Windows 7 could be a solution... (I'm only sort of kidding)
Are your Maschine Drivers upto date? Check Service Centre....

I do both, depending on the track I'm making. Most of the time, I don't manipulate the pitch/time of the sample at all. I chop irregularly on purpose and often have noise/artifacts in the chops that I use in my tracks using a "masking" technique, where I mask the noise so it provides a syncopation to the beat. The irregular chops (not chopped on any beat - often several beats in one chop) allow me to flip the samples in different bpm tempos. Also, the "zero crossing" you mention may result in noise or pops - usually if your chop ends or begins with the transient above or below the zero line.

Back