Timbaland Reacts To Drake Executive Producing Aaliyah Posthumous Record

Damn I thought he knew about it and Ok'd the whole ordeal. Him and Missy should ABSOLUTELY be a part of this.

The only people who should be involved in this record are Missy and Tim. Between this and the whole "I would deem myself the first person to successfully rap and sing" comment, I think success is getting to Drake's head.

I agree with Timbo. You can't really say Aaliyah without thinking of Missy and Timbo too. It'd be nice to involve them with this.

The only people who should be included in anything related to Aaliyah are Timbaland and Missy. Drake got this crazy infatuation with her. Did they ever meet?

The only people who should be involved in this record are Missy and Tim. Between this and the whole "I would deem myself the first person to successfully rap and sing" comment, I think success is getting to Drake's head.
Drake calling himself the first person to rap and sing is kinda silly. Bobby Brown was rapping back the 80s not very well but he was rapping none the less. The first person to rap and sing well was Missy to my memory. People forget at times that Missy can sing her ass off. On a side note who is Drake to even be in the names mentioned to oversee this project? Timbaland seems like the obvious choice here. Maybe even R Kelly since he did most of her first album but most of that Aaliyah shit was Timbo.

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

Drake should do it. He is relevant.
Aaliyah has been dead for 11 years I am sure Timbo and Missy are more relevant. I love Aaliyah but its the truth of the matter.

I think what he said was fair...reminds me of Lil Kim when they made the Notorious movie. Two different things but you cant play director and don't know the persons true character...same deal here.

iWill Not Be Surprised If J Cole Tries To Get Involved In This Smh

Drake was 15 when Aaliyah passed so that means he probably was about 12 or 13 when her music was out...

... and waking up with his underwear stuck to his leg.

BUT!!!! maybe he'll make her songs sound "UP TO DATE" because he's young. Missy and Tim would rehash some old 90's vibe.

I say let them all have the songs, release them all and the people pick the ones they want to buy.

Drake was 15 when Aaliyah passed so that means he probably was about 12 or 13 when her music was out...

... and waking up with his underwear stuck to his leg.

BUT!!!! maybe he'll make her songs sound "UP TO DATE" because he's young. Missy and Tim would rehash some old 90's vibe.

I say let them all have the songs, release them all and the people pick the ones they want to buy.
He couldn't have been that old Im a few years older than Drake and I was 17 when she died. He was probably closer to 12-13 when she died which only makes the matter worse. On a side note I heard a song produced by 40 with her vocals on it featuring Drake over the weekend. Its a solid song sounds like it came off her final album and does sound a lot more up to date but it does not sound like an Aaliyah song it sounds like Aaliyah on a Drake beat

Timbo said a while ago he thought It was wack Drake didn´t get at him for this track.

I think Timbo´s doing an Aaliyah album though.

Even a Jay / Aaliyah track would´ve made more sense than Drake

Kellz, Timbo, Missy, Jay and Dmx, these are the people Aaliyah was phukkin with so they should have the right to do that before Drake, that´s borderline disrespectful to make a track before any of them.

Im sure if Alliyah was alive she wouldnt mind working wit Drake yalls making it real serious

Last edited:
what's annoying is that we can't recall drake exec producing anything(maybe other than his one shit) and now he's taking control of aaliyah's tracks. it's like if ja rule decided back in the late 90's to executive produce a posthumous 2pac record. i'm just saying who canceled? this is aaliyah, not the ugly member from destiny's child or some new slut on the come up.

Last edited:
what's annoying is that we can't recall drake exec producing anything(maybe other than his one shit) and now he's taking control of aaliyah's tracks. it's like if ja rule decided back in the late 90's to executive produce a posthumous 2pac record. i'm just saying who canceled? this is aaliyah, not the ugly member from destiny's child or some new slut on the come up.
wait what? Ja rule didn't even debut until Summer of 99. What track are you talking about?

Back