Thursday Night Topics (T.N.T): Will The Ghostwriting Rumors Affect The Legacy of Nas?

Nas Ghostwrote for other people too. . .so what? People are going crazy over this as if they said they Ghostwrote Illmatic. . . '

IT WAS UNTITLED. . . .I don't even think that album went gold lol.

Jay Z "borrowed" so much stuff from Biggie and Snoop that I can't say that he wrote his own lyrics either.

... I think most people would look at the "performance" of the lyrics.

I think somebody said Jay Electronica wrote some... do you think Jay Electronica will become as popular as Nas? Doubt it.

There are wack emcee's that are more popular than the tight emcees.

Why was Talib Kweli on a Gucci Mane record? Ask your average Hip Hop listener today who Gucci Mane is and ask them about Kweli.... see which one they know of.

Entertainment is a performance based business. Eazy E didn't write his lyrics, Dre didn't write his, No Limit had writers, ... it's nothing new.

Being that Nas is touted as a "lyricist" though... it will probably knock him down a few notches in most peoples eye.

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

Wow...

It's not even true.

Stic.man Ends Nas "Ghostwriting" Rumors | Exclusive Rap & Hip Hop Songs, Mixtapes, Videos & News

TMZ World we live in....

At this point I think the so-called "conspirators" are saving face and respecting the art of ghostwriting(ie never admitting that you ghostwrote). I just don't see the motivation for dream hampton to make up that story. Although she did help Jay-Z write Decoded....#jayznasfeudback? lol

To me it kind of does for me because I feel like what's the point of being a hip hop artist if you can't write your own rhymes? I thought hip hop was supposed to be based on the experiences, knowledge, and struggles and victories of the ORIGINAL performer/artist not some "ghostwriter". That's what seperates the real and the fake for me.

But, I mean ghostwriting is everywhere in just about every genre of music. Hey, even Whitney Houston had her hit single "Always Love You" written by star country singer Dolly Parton. So, nothing beats me nowadays.

Nas is a great deliverer and performer of the lyrics. But, if you need a ghostwriter... then NO you aren't as good as you think or people say you are.

Back