Thoughts on Young Thug

his voice and flow make him shine out i like some songs of him
but i dont know how long he will stay in the game

He won't be around in 6 months. Enjoyable for now. No hate, think of all the other guys around 6 months ago who are now M.I.A.

We do have to sooner or later understand that throwing out any old talentless f**k on a halfway bangin beat can make for a tolerable record, but it get's old quick and people move on.

He's another one trick pony in a time when the crowd is only attracted for a second before moving on. At least he's keeping people interested in the skirts he wears, that's why I give him 6 months instead of 3.

Well...it's been 6 months. I guess we can say I was wrong. Lol.

Thug is dope. If an artist is able to stay relevant then they will be around until they can no longer keep up. Some artist drop off sooner than others.

I used to listen to him a lot more then the other people in g unit, but I didnt really keep up with him.

It's a sad day in hip hop, when a dude calls himself young "Thug", and is a homosexual. These dudes are spitting in hip hops face.

Well all that cross-dressing shit is ridiculous but...it takes confidence or insanity to do shit like that and still call yourself a thug, to each his own. But, though I prefer very lyrical stuff like Eminem, Nas, Kendrick, kweli, Pharoah Monche, Black Thought etc. He's very creative, and has a very different sound. He's very unique.

And I'll settle for unique nowadays.

I mess with Danny Glover a little bit & I liked All About the Money. I really started to pay attention after hearing Lifestyle. At first I thought why would they waste an R&B leaning commercial beat like that on Young Thug, but if you don't judge him as you would an R&B singer, or a more traditional rapper ... I liked The Tour Vol. 1 project with Rich Homie. I look at a lot of the newer Atlanta trap sound as having rock/metal influence moreso than soul, and if you think about rock singers that yell and are more about the texture and the passion in their voice more than carrying a smooth note, it makes more sense. Its just a new sub-genre and I fux wit it

I mess with Danny Glover a little bit & I liked All About the Money. I really started to pay attention after hearing Lifestyle. At first I thought why would they waste an R&B leaning commercial beat like that on Young Thug, but if you don't judge him as you would an R&B singer, or a more traditional rapper ... I liked The Tour Vol. 1 project with Rich Homie. I look at a lot of the newer Atlanta trap sound as having rock/metal influence moreso than soul, and if you think about rock singers that yell and are more about the texture and the passion in their voice more than carrying a smooth note, it makes more sense. Its just a new sub-genre and I fux wit it

This idish ain't new - Pootie Tang was doing it 20 years ago.

he's not bad but the gay/cross dresser thing puts me off. if that whole nonsense was gone i'd be bumping his shit.

i don't hate gay people or wish harm on them i just can't relate to it and don't listen to gay artists.

Last edited:
he's not bad but the gay/cross dresser thing puts me off. if that whole nonsense was gone i'd be bumping his shit.

i don't hate gay people or wish harm on them i just can't relate to it and don't listen to gay artists.

Yup. I can give a gay "man" props if he got skills. Its the whole rapping about sucking dick, which is wack as ****.

Back