Thoughts on komplete 8 ultimate and maschine

P

paddybear

I've come across a maschine mk1 with komplete 8 ultimate recently, and was just wondering what people's thoughts were on the two, and how much you think is a reasonable price to pay for the two. I produce only with ableton and a midi keyboard currently, been doing that for a while, and was wondering what kind of difference a pad controller might make, and whether or not it is possible to use maschine as a controller for ableton.

Any thoughts at all on anything would be great

thanks

I have no experience with Maschine, but I did see some threads where people talked about returning it or selling it off after a couple months.

As for Komplete 8 Ultimate - that's a very nice bundle. Typical price is around $1,000. You can get a lesser version for $500.

If you use Live imo there is no reason to get Maschine. I think Maschine is cool but its almost a DAW itself even though it can run as a vst inside of your host its almost like rewiring Reason to another program. If you plan on producing with Live and having Maschine it will just become another pad controller I bet and for that I think a MPD is a better option with the pad fix. Komplete Ultimate however offers a ton of variety with quality instruments. Depending on what you already have it may or may not be overkill. Hell I think in many ways its over kill anyway. I still plan on buying Komplete though because I am a gear slut

If you use Live imo there is no reason to get Maschine. I think Maschine is cool but its almost a DAW itself even though it can run as a vst inside of your host its almost like rewiring Reason to another program. If you plan on producing with Live and having Maschine it will just become another pad controller I bet and for that I think a MPD is a better option with the pad fix. Komplete Ultimate however offers a ton of variety with quality instruments. Depending on what you already have it may or may not be overkill. Hell I think in many ways its over kill anyway. I still plan on buying Komplete though because I am a gear slut
Stay strong:p You got enough stuff already

i actually have a very similar setup to what it sounds like you're looking to put together.

I run ableton live with komplete 7 and use machine as a drum controller...honestly, i dont think the machine controller is worth it as just a controller. i originally began producing with a mpc and then bought machine as move to work more efficiently since i wouldnt need to track beats out any longer... that moved everything to the comp and eventually led me to ableton live. if i did it all over, i dont know if id buy machine...but, if u want a dedicated drum controller and ur thinking about buying an mpd or something, id look at machine...its a great alternative, and its a complete system that you can do a lot of cool stuff with. it really is like having an mpc on ur computer.

live is just the mpc and everything else you'd need, broken down into its simplest form...live with komplete is amazing...so id def cosign that setup

Back