Though times - finding good artists

K

krstnsn

Hi Guys!
I would like to ask experts here for some advice about career developement and collaborations.
I am a 7years experience, double Beat Battle contest finalist in my country and unfortunately I cannot find good artists to share my wining beats with. I don't want to work with my local rappers and singers because they mess every piece of sound given to them :( I tried to contact some mainstream, but as you probably expect the messaged were even not opened...

What is your advice now for a younger producer? Where to focus my energy ?

Here are few of winning beats to share with you my style:

Any suggestions guys?

All the best for you!
Peace

Thx OGBama. Sounds easy, but older and more experienced artist are hard to reach.

I am from Poland.

Ya the older you get the more experience you get with your voice as well as with audio programs your using. I'd also add ask for tracks they have done to see what kinds of beats there used to. It's easy to make a 1 hit wonder. Sometimes you will find a artist only has 1 good track and there really just guess rapping. I haven't looked at your beats yet but I'll check them out once I'm at a computer.

I say focus on older artists from an art and business end as on the artistic end older artists are to have more on their mind (depending on how they are as people in terms of personality) to express than what the pill poppin', broken non-English mumble rappin' pseudo-artists have to offer.

Ya the older you get the more experience you get with your voice as well as with audio programs your using. I'd also add ask for tracks they have done to see what kinds of beats there used to. It's easy to make a 1 hit wonder. Sometimes you will find a artist only has 1 good track and there really just guess rapping. I haven't looked at your beats yet but I'll check them out once I'm at a computer.

So is there any place out there to just expose beats to good artistst/rapers ? I don't mean a place where you will get <10 views per track, but I mean a real exposure >1000 value views.

There are places some Reddit boards like the hip-hop heads will blast or advertise your stuff for practically free. One going for 5$ idk the duration. And rappad.co will advertise for a little bit more but it's easy to contact them. Slot of rappers go to that site to showcase and beat makers like ones u may of heard of hosted some beats for contests. Never pay to much for stuff like that tho. Make sure u know what u doing even Kanye lose money lol. Sway got the answers lol.

I really gotta change my name sometime lol. Ya I feel what your saying. I wouldn't have a problem with some mumble artist but they all advocate the same thing. All oversaturate the art. But I wouldn't say all youngns rap like that. But it can take a while for a artist to realize the importance of business in rap. It's basically a whole nother language using the same letters. Focusing on older artist is good but it's always good to know good opportunities and bad ones. Learn with a open mind.

Back