THM - "An Amazing Power Of Observation"

THM> That's mighty :D

It's incredibly even tonally; smooth, right down into the vlf. Silky at the top-end and very spacious. It's one of those mixes that you could almost walk-into.

For me, Alan Parsons has always been the king of spacious mixing and you've got some of that going on here for sure.

Bravo.

Yep... this is definately a ear-full ;).

Amazing textures throughout... The choir-pads are also really amazing.

I sould really listen to more music of this style. I found some elements of it to be highly repetitive without being DRony or getting on my nerves... This is highly effective and contribute more to the vibe than anything else.

The outro's lead had a highly effective slide on that lead... Very effective. I thought I should comment on that.

Your mixing skills are above mine - and as I'm being forced to listen to this on headphones - there's really not much I can say there.

This is a really sweet track. Amazing...

THM said:
More comments ?

...you see THM...now you've got that "feedback" bug. Don't know why you waited so long for it!

I knew I'd like it before I heard it. Very reminiscent of Tangerine Dream especially around the time they did the reworking of the soundtrack to the film Legend. The film wasn't bad with the original score but was made a whole lot better with the TD score over it.

Minimal, and repetitive but not in a bad way, as NF stated above - never boring. Material for insomniacs to drift off to.

Nice work again T.

Keep em coming...:cool:

Last edited:
Lord Thathidge said:
Nice work again T.

Keep em coming...:cool:
Thanks Lord !!!
And very probably next week already a new one - pretty different (still ambient but softer).

THM said:

Thanks Lord !!!
And very probably next week already a new one - pretty different (still ambient but softer).

...ha ha...I still laugh everytime someone refers to me as "lord"...makes the site look like its full of religious nuts!!!!

(religious nuts - please do not take offence at this reference to your goodselves. I have no issue with religion or those who follow it!)

Again, this is a very soothing and ambient piece of work. Sonically your work is beyond impressive and your melodies are incredibly relaxing. The slow motion feel of this track is great, and the sounds that were used are excellent.

Nice work Pier :cheers:

Hi,

this is very well done :)

Sounds is ok and clean even if in some place some EQ cut could be done in a very few places. I know, I am a bit picky ;) Sometimes the pad/choir is clashing with some other sounds.

I liked more the previous one, as it was less repetitive. It's always the same chord on and on here. Maybe you can keep the same root note on the chords and try some other type of chords ?

But well, I am far to be at the same level of quality that you get here :D

Thanks to share.

bye

Thanks for the critics guys !!
Magmavander - could you tell me where exactly to have a look at the EQ ? Maybe I can still improve the track.
(you can put it here or send me a pm)

Hi THM,

I will try to check again the song as soon as possible and to find the places where I found these *little* clashes.

Bye ;)

Hello again THM,

Some element's reverbered sounds seems to share the same EQ range. I'm speaking of the sound produced by the reverb, not the dry sound itself.

At 00:32' cames a kind percussive stuff very far in the background with a strong reverb.
Its reverb and the pad/choir's reverb seems to saturated when they are both at the higher peak.

It seems to me (but it's difficult to say as I cant access to each sound individually) that there is something to do around the 500Hz frequency.

This happens with some others instruments I think. By example at 02:23'/02:24' there is a lead synth that saturates a little (imho).

But mainly I had the impression that this is the result of the reverb. I have a kind of same problem on my last work in progress posted here.

The screechy synths also could benefits of some cut in middle/high frequency to be a little less brilliant and metallic.

But well, this is really minor. Maybe some other people will think differently :D

BTW : cool synth soloing in the last quarter of the song. I dig it :)

Bye

M.: I'll have a look as soon as I have my PC back from service (new graphics card) - thanks for the effort !!!

W.A.: I'll check out your track as soon as I have my PC back (see hereabove)

THM said:
M.: I'll have a look as soon as I have my PC back from service (new graphics card) - thanks for the effort !!!

W.A.: I'll check out your track as soon as I have my PC back (see hereabove)

im jealous as

excelent work gr8 quality nice harmonics and melodies are inspiriing.
quality is briliant. i could see this in a movie.

respect

Thanks Bigsy !!! :cheers:
Maybe I'd take that route... I heard several comments like that. Only problem: how could an unknown Belgian guy like me enter into the big movie studio's ???

dedication bro, if u dedicate urself, put ur mind to it and work hard u can achieve it man.

the music u make could have a big impact to someone who listens to it.

Last edited:
Back