this "god emcee" fad... good or bad?

SupremeSound916

in 2013 we've been hearing it all over from hip-hop's loudest voices. kanye drops yeezus with "i am a god", jigga says "you in the presence of a king, scratch that you in the presence of a god" on his mchg album. even members of tde run around claiming sovereignty as god emcees.

this idea is far from new though, and is as old as hip-hop itself. however we know that there are more blind followers than visionary leaders in this world, and very few take time to understand the origin of the movements they follow. with that being said, what are your thoughts on this rekindled idea?

Jay-Z is my favorite rapper but calling yourself God MC is just stupid and arrogant even know Jay does it as well.
I like Jay cause of his diversity. He can do a street song, a club song, a love song, a sad song. He can do everything in Hip-Hop i think.
Jay-Z & 2pac are the 2 greatest rappers of all time to me though.

Jay-Z is my favorite rapper but calling yourself God MC is just stupid and arrogant even know Jay does it as well.
I like Jay cause of his diversity. He can do a street song, a club song, a love song, a sad song. He can do everything in Hip-Hop i think.
Jay-Z & 2pac are the 2 greatest rappers of all time to me though.

jigga is one of the few rappers still around from hip-hop's baby years, when the wu made 36 chambers and were calling themselves gods on their skits. i think he might feel entitled to call himself that because of such longevity. regardless, comparing yourself with god in any fashion is a ballsy move.

even tupac was considered a thug angel and made songs called black jesus. yeezy definitely aint make that shit up.

perhaps calling themselves a god mc has less to do with the messenger, and more with the message

You can't claim a title like that. You can say it but ultimately the people attribute it to you. Many boxers said they were the greatest but only Muhammad Ali actually is.

You can't claim a title like that. You can say it but ultimately the people attribute it to you. Many boxers said they were the greatest but only Muhammad Ali actually is.

titles are a matter of perspective. somebody believes mayweather is the greatest because that's what he perceives. muhammad ali was claiming to be the greatest. jesus was claiming to be the son of God. lil wayne was claiming to be the best rapper alive. people give power to those claims when they have proof, (i.e. a muhammad ali boxing career, jesus walking on water, the carter 1-3, etc)

Throwing around the term "GOD" shocked me when I first hear it on WU's stuff....but i'm from the South...it's JEEEEEEZUS or Hell. Once I started studying 120 lesson's, Dr. York's scroll's, Bobby Hemmit, Phil Valentine, M.S.T.A, Dr. Ben, John Henrick Clarke, Dr. Welsing, Amos Wilson Etymology, humanities, history ect.ect.ect....I eliminated all fears and concerns.

More "conscious rapper's" need to drop heavier stuff and keep dropping..in their music, during interview's, write book's ect.ect.

Only one god emcee though...absolutely no debates amongst real cat's:

marcus-garvey.jpg

Throwing around the term "GOD" shocked me when I first hear it on WU's stuff....but i'm from the South...it's JEEEEEEZUS or Hell. Once I started studying 120 lesson's, Dr. York's scroll's, Bobby Hemmit, Phil Valentine, M.S.T.A, Dr. Ben, John Henrick Clarke, Dr. Welsing, Amos Wilson Etymology, humanities, history ect.ect.ect....I eliminated all fears and concerns.

More "conscious rapper's" need to drop heavier stuff and keep dropping..in their music, during interview's, write book's ect.ect.

Only one god emcee though...absolutely no debates amongst real cat's:

View attachment 40151

peace. absolutely feel you. the research on this topic is a bit offsetting, but i've come to see it as beneficial if not applied to an ego.

i agree, hip-hop was created for bigger things. i often wonder what holds so many back. i became excited upon hearing then news of jigga's mchg but was a lil disappointed by the lack of knowledge. i feel he's in a position to drop much more game than he decided to

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

Wu-Tang Clan are part of the 5%'ers movement
a sect of Nation of Islam

-Coach Antonio

peace. i think most (if not all) of hip-hop's most known emcees are at least aware of this movement. i personally see it almost as a eastern expression of what the panthers were aiming to do. it's crazy knowledge no doubt. i feel the youth can benefit from some, but don't necessarily need to be totally brainwashed by it.

Back