Third party plugins and more disk space on my computer

TerrydeParis

Hi,

how can i have more space on my computer? i have a MacBook Air and i have logic X. Logic ships with a lot of audio library which you have to download and right now i have about 39Gb left of free space. I have an external hard drive for my samples, projects etc but i wanted to ask if i can make more space somehow? My mac is getting slow and also i want to download some more plugins (those plugins also take more space, although not so much i think)
Do you have any ideas?

I think the only option for laptops are external harddrives or internal harddrives with a usb enclosure.
CCleaner program works wonders.

39Gb is plenty of space for the computer to run smoothly (meaning that the slowdown is probably more down to the ever-growing number of files and HD defragmentation than the free space) - but it's a good idea to run Disk Utility's repair permissions & repair disk every now and then, just in case. Also programs like the aforementioned CCleaner can help a bit or just something like DaisyDisk to determine what's actually taking up then space.

Also, consider that sampled instruments are huge, while modeled instruments take up almost no space at all.

Find modeled instruments that you like the sound of opposed to more sampled instruments.

My thoughts precisely.

I built my desktop. It's not too bad with the right guide. I have a 256GB SSD for the OS, programs, and Pro Tools installation. A 512GB SSD stores all my samples, virtual instruments, and other plugins. And I keep my sessions on a mechanical hard drive.

There are so many options when you build yourself. Extra drives are cheap when you buy them OEM.

Back