Thinking of selling Fantom for Virus

B-Cool

Even though I swore I'd never sell off another piece of gear, I'm debating on whether I should let go of my Fantom G6, and instead get a Virus TI Snow and Motif ES Rack. I want to do all kinds of pop music (Pop electro, urban pop, contemporary pop). I'd use the ES rack for piano, keys, and guitars, and the Virus for synth sounds. Talk to me FP!

Pros:
-With the electronic craze going on right now, how can I go wrong with a Virus?
-I'd still be able to get the bread and butter sounds for the Motif rack
-I sequence on an MPC so I don't need the Fantom sequencer.

Cons:
-Is the Virus too extreme sounding? Would it work for a Jordan sparks/Demi Lovato type songs?
-I'd miss the sh*t out of having a semi weighted keyboard. Plus its definitely inspiring sitting behind it.
-The Fantom has great middle of the road sounds for radio friendly pop music (is this still true?)

Does the Phantom have a rack version? Maybe you could grab one of those and access the same sounds. And just great feeling midi controller like a Novation SL MKii 61, along w/ your Virus.

I still have my Fantom XR (rack), and everytime i get ready to sell, i keep it around. I have an Alesis Ion to cover some synths and a Motif XS. With all that said, i like the virus ti snow sound. I thought about getting one at one point, but i got my Ion for a good price and have some exploring to do on that front. The Fantom is a good all around sound though in my opinion. The Motif is more r&B/Gospel/Jazz sounding, and i hear Korg as more edgy, hip hoppish, and Roland in the middle.

Back