thinking about sell fantom x and korg 50 for a open labs neko.

D major

I have really been losing sleep the last few days because i have been Debating on to sell my fantom x 8 and korg50 for a lx5 neko but i want some advice and opinions before i do anything stupid,which has been done before. Im actuall 3 grand in debit from other credit cards and still paying on a guitar center debit for buying a mpc 2500 and never really using it. Was thinking about getting a quick 3 grand from a bank but once i sell my korg for 800 just so i can put it towards the neko,and so i wont ask for a larger loan. Now i will take the total 4 grand and buy a neko i then can mimic most of my fantom x sounds and then just sell it for 1400 to put towards the load and then just pay the rest with payments. What do yall think does that sound to crazy to just get a neko or should i just wait and save and then buy it in full with cash?

ps. Any open lab useers out there that can give info on the miko? More than just saying that its a sexy machine but your full honest opinion on it and how it makes you feel?

A computers value will always drop over time as new models come out, so saving money is always the best option.

As you save the price will drop as new improved models become available, so you can get the original model for cheaper or get the new model.

If you borrow you will be paying off more than the original price for a model that has become dated.

Most importantly....it is just a PC mounted in a keyboard shaped box.

yes i know its a pc in a box but look at this thing its s sexy and is a way to the future. But on the other hand the new year is about to come again and hopefully roland or yahmaha will catch on and make a better version of the open labs concept which im hopeing on. So i think i am gonna save just to see whats on the come up for the new year and maybe a new miko will come out who knows.I only have a mac laptop and i just would like something else than just a basic imac for a workhorse daw so thats why im lookin towards open laps.

OP. You need help. You're gear lust will hunt you until you're 60 years old. Do you even make music or just buy equipment? That Neko is the dumbest shit on the planet.

Don't fall for it.

yes i know its a pc in a box but look at this thing its s sexy and is a way to the future. But on the other hand the new year is about to come again and hopefully roland or yahmaha will catch on and make a better version of the open labs concept which im hopeing on. So i think i am gonna save just to see whats on the come up for the new year and maybe a new miko will come out who knows.I only have a mac laptop and i just would like something else than just a basic imac for a workhorse daw so thats why im lookin towards open laps.

Open labs products remind me of the Segway, sure you can walk or ride a bike but......"Wooooooooo, check this shit out, I'm riding a Segway biyatches!"

This would of course be the last piece of hardware I buy and the rest will be vst's.the price tag dosent does kinda bother me but it is a investment and a nice one.

OP. You need help. You're gear lust will hunt you until you're 60 years old. Do you even make music or just buy equipment? That Neko is the dumbest shit on the planet.

Don't fall for it.

For four grand you could buy a 95 honda civic, build a cpu from scratch with great components, buy an interface, midi keyboard, pad controller, and vsts and voila there's your neko, and you'd have used car thats great on gas.

Dude stop lusting, I don't even know why your selling your fantom and korg, Have you really dived into them?

Playa don't do it. You are already in financial stress and about to add more for a piece of gear that more than likely is not going to revolutionize your sound. The Neko is a good concept and maybe 1 day i will get one, but for that type of bread, don't do it....especially in your financial situation. Your X8 and M50 can do amazing things, just by themselves. I have a room full of gear and sometimes i wish my setup was smaller. Having a room full of gear leads to a situation where you never really exploit each piece.

If i was going to dump all that stuff and go portable, I would probably rather get a good midi controller, macbook, and logic. Or midi controller, pc laptop, and DAW of choice (Cubase, Live, Sonar, Reason/Record)

Yeah I actually I just might save for the new motifs that should be coming out plus a iMac.really need a detecated hardware cause of the fast producing and my fantom is terriable at loading and saving. When I save around 3 grand I'll decide what to do wether it be to buy just another board or computer.

Ps.I know that the neko won't make me a better producer it's just the princeable of having one.And I know there are so many people that want one but they can't afford it or people that hate cause they don't have one.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Just like having cars as a treasure.they all do the same thing but some just look better with more features.

Pay off your bills first. No sense in diving further into debt for something you already have doubts about. And loans and credit cards and interest can crush you. And not to be a dick, but you obviously can't afford it.

Pay off your bills first. No sense in diving further into debt for something you already have doubts about. And loans and credit cards and interest can crush you. And not to be a dick, but you obviously can't afford it.

thanks for the much concern bro,lol. Yeah ill save and just use what i got for now until i can afford the next best thing.

Yeah I actually I just might save for the new motifs that should be coming out plus a iMac.really need a detecated hardware cause of the fast producing and my fantom is terriable at loading and saving. When I save around 3 grand I'll decide what to do wether it be to buy just another board or computer.

Ps.I know that the neko won't make me a better producer it's just the princeable of having one.And I know there are so many people that want one but they can't afford it or people that hate cause they don't have one.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Just like having cars as a treasure.they all do the same thing but some just look better with more features.

I understand how gear lust is, but I see no reason to buy a Neko solely for the principle of having one and not many other people have it. If you had the budget and just wanted one it would be different, but when you have to take out loans, save up money, and sell existing gear, naw man.

Eventually you will find the point where you don't feel like you need another piece to complete the set.

i dont understand the principle of going bankrupt for a computer with keys?. a neko to me, is designed for musicians who produce but travel alot. yes it looks cool, but having 4500 in your bank looks cooler. i understand the gearlust im a gear slut too. but if u wasnt going thru a divorce i could afford just aboout anything on the market, but now i cant spend anything on music gear til we either call off the divorce or go thru with it. point is. live within uoir means n dont let eyes get you in debt

I'd personally invest in some roam treatment, monitors, and signal processing before I'd invest in another workstation, you got 2 of them dive into em, learn em. The fantom x with all the srx boards imo is way better then then the fantom g. Invest in a daw and interface thats all you maybe need.

I'd personally invest in some roam treatment, monitors, and signal processing before I'd invest in another workstation, you got 2 of them dive into em, learn em. The fantom x with all the srx boards imo is way better then then the fantom g. Invest in a daw and interface thats all you maybe need.

Agreed. I have the fantom x rack and I have played the g and for the money I would get a fantom x instead of a g. The g has a few improvements, but the x is better in some ways.

I also agree that there is not need for another workstation. I have fell into gear lust at times also, and blowing that type of loot on a neko when a fantom and a m50 are already in play is a waste. Either sell everything and replace with Neko or keep the current setup and exploit. I think keeping the current is better than selling all your current gear at a loss to have to finance a Neko unless it is really going to revolutionize your music and workflow.

Damayor to my knowledge I remember you saying you had an mpc 2000xl also. Dude you really don't need anymore gear. Stop posting and get to creating music and learning your tools!

Damayor to my knowledge I remember you saying you had an mpc 2000xl also. Dude you really don't need anymore gear. Stop posting and get to creating music and learning your tools!

Agreed. I had to tell myself the same thing, stop buying more gear and learn what you got.

haha yeah i i hate i have future producers on my phone. i wanted to get otb so that i dont get side tracked when working on the net cuz i used to browse and troll the net. now all i troll the internet thru my phone. actually since the start of this divorce i have made more music in the last 3 weeks then i did in the last 10 months. i been pumping out track after track. i just feel naked without the motif that i havent bought yet.

Back