The POWER of the FANTOM!!!!!!

man i love to chop up other man people's work and make "my own music" with it

know what i'm sayin man? oh **** listen to that organ man

i crapped better sounds than this after my first prostate exam

seriously i just watched that guy's other video and his bassline is way out of tune.

good job.

Last edited:
mome rath said:
man i love to chop up other man people's work and make man "my own music" with it

know what i'm sayin man? oh **** listen to that organ man

i crapped better sounds than this after my first prostate exam

Hey I am not the biggest fan of sampling either...LOL

But I posted this link to illustrate what the capabilities of the Fantom are...wasn't really trying to pub the beat....(Although that beas IS one of the BEST I've heard on you tube...That beat could go PLATINUM with a decent rapper on it)....

I just did it so that some people, who may be trying to decide, get to see what this piece is capable of...

Besides.....

He only took a VERY SMALL PIECE of the actual sample....and made something NEW with it.....He didnt BASTARDIZE it by looping an entire section and then adding some drum sounds....

I can respect what he did......

I honestly think you might be hating on dude.....

:cheers:

Last edited:
Hmmm
hmm.gif
I stay with the power of the Vsynth

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/CzQgZm3f9Rs&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/CzQgZm3f9Rs&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

AINT NOBODY FUKING WIT ME ON THE FANTOM ASK ABOUT ME

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/Kvk3xsnzH-8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/Kvk3xsnzH-8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

BigBrotherMotown said:
He only took a VERY SMALL PIECE of the actual sample....and made something NEW with it.....He didnt BASTARDIZE it by looping an entire section and then adding some drum sounds....

he took a significant chunk of a published work, rearranged it, and used it as his own

i really can't stand that ****

..agree to disagree i guess :sing:

mome rath said:
he took a significant chunk of a published work, rearranged it, and used it as his own

i really can't stand that ****

..agree to disagree i guess :sing:

I am curious...what do YOU consider a "Significant chunk"?

As far as I can tell he only used 4 beats = One measure

That's 1/8 of the Hook.....

WOW.....really significant...:cool:

BigBrotherMotown said:
I am curious...what do YOU consider a "Significant chunk"?

As far as I can tell he only used 4 beats = One measure

That's 1/8 of the Hook.....

WOW.....really significant...:cool:

its a piece of a composition that was conceived, copyrighted, published, and owned by other musicians or affiliated persons. i.e. there are several elements (instruments, tracks, live musicians, whatever) acting in tandem to produce a cohesive element--a fragment of a whole that was then stolen, dissected, and rearranged.

and thanks for typing stuff out in capital letters. that's how i can tell you are being sarcastic!

mome rath said:
its a piece of a composition that was conceived, copyrighted, published, and owned by other musicians or affiliated persons. i.e. there are several elements (instruments, tracks, live musicians, whatever) acting in tandem to produce a cohesive element--a fragment of a whole that was then stolen, dissected, and rearranged.

and thanks for typing stuff out in capital letters. that's how i can tell you are being sarcastic!

Dude thats hip-hop wtf you talking about? Hip-hop is sampling. I guess Kanye, Just Blaze, RZA, Pete Rock, Dr Dre, Premier, 9th Wonder, Alchemist, Heatmakerz, an thousands of other producers are untalented and just steal everything.

this thread is funny :monkey:

mome rath said:

Sarcasm is what little girls use when they are mad at their boyfriends.... I am a GROWN man so I speak what I feel. I have no need to be sarcastic with you because your whole argument is not only irrelavent but OFF topic....

Yeah I can say that because I started this thread...LOL.
My intention was to enlighten a few people as to the type of quality music that can produced using the Fantom...not to argue with you about the moral validity of sampling...

Obviously you have some sort of Hatred for Hip Hop or perhaps you Hatred is for the demographic of people who ENJOY Hip Hop. Whatever the case this is not the thread to belittle the art of "Sampling".

You can start that thread somewhere else if you like......

....and about my typing...I usually cap words to place EMPHASIS on them because it is easier than "Highlighting & Italicizing"....but I dont need to explain that to you....

I TYPE HOW I WANT....you read how you want....

Relax...
:o

That's why Youtube have become the greatest source of knowledge about gear and music production

... obviously I like sarcasm

BigBrotherMotown said:
Sarcasm is what little girls use when they are mad at their boyfriends.... I am a GROWN man so I speak what I feel. I have no need to be sarcastic with you because your whole argument is not only irrelavent but OFF topic....

:o

its neither off topic nor irrelevant, as it directly addresses a question you posed to me earlier in "your thread"

BigBrotherMotown said:
My intention was to enlighten a few people as to the type of quality music that can produced using the Fantom...not to argue with you about the moral validity of sampling...

but that's what you've been doing anyway isn't it

Last edited:
yo i kinda feel mome, but i sample not as my main thing but i do sample. i mean sampling is a part of hip-hop, but hip-hop is almost dead. say what you want but it's the damn truth......yo it was a time when even dre' couldn't afford mpc's and the like all he had was his dj set-up until he got with easy-e. enough history tho

but back to it. you trying to put the spotlight on a product so you can so called "enlighten people as to the quality of music that can be produced on the fantom". showcase something else besides sampling from that clip i still don't realize the power of the phantom because you can do the same thing on numerous other boards

Sampling is more "hip hop" than anything in music, including rhyming.

Don't forget the DJs were cutting up records to break to before people got the idea to pick up a mic and MC.

Alot of people believe it's "taking someone else's music" and by today's standards of average producer's intentions, it is.

But being that close minded is like saying "boxing is just 2 guys beating the crap out each other to entertain" there's alot more to the art and to the culture than you'll get from scraping the surface.

Sometimes I like to sample others, I think that if you are CONTRIBUTING with something new or innovative to the global music, is valid.
But cutting, for example, 4 bars of a whole composittion, looping it, and just adding a drum layer over it, trying to hide the original composition, is crap.

Back