The Official Bassline Inspiration Thread

I try to record my basslines with a Fender P-Bass, so I like real bassists for inspiration. This guy is easily my favorite. Make sure you get to 2:00+ :cool:

^I use an active bass now but used to have a p-bass. Wootens one of the best. thax for the video.

Check out this funky slap solo -

^^^Sick! Bass is something you gotta feel. It's as important to the rhythm as the drums are, imo.

^^^Sick! Bass is something you gotta feel. It's as important to the rhythm as the drums are, imo.

agree 100%, drums are the backbone and the bassline is the heartbeat. Its the most important part in my production. I find if you start with fat bassline, everything else just falls in place around it. I like to build up my foundation with drums first, then bass, and once thats set up the rest is just icing on top, so to speak.

:bigeyes: WOWWWW THIS THREAD IS ILL!!!! BASSLINES ARE ONE OF MY WEAKNESSES

All respect due, Victor Wooten is seriously skilled and talented, but to me bass playing nowadays is just about showing off and doing stupid tricks and that's why there hasn't been a truly memorable bassline come out since the 80's.

Here is the GOAT...

^That is a great bassline, forgot about that one. Its the Dogg Pound though not 2pac, that must be a remix. Its originally off Dogg Food.

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

@Jim Bond

I agree with you, I'm not a huge wooten fan either. He's great and I appreciate him as one of the best, but I'm more into bassists like Bootsy, Jamerson, Flea etc. those with more song structure

^That is a great bassline, forgot about that one. Its the Dogg Pound though not 2pac, that must be a remix. Its originally off Dogg Food.

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

@Jim Bond

I agree with you, I'm not a huge wooten fan either. He's great and I appreciate him as one of the best, but I'm more into bassists like Bootsy, Jamerson, Flea etc. those with more song structure
Yeah this is the orginal one I only heard the version with tupac

---------- Post added 08-04-2012 at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was 04-26-2012 at 01:05 AM ----------

Back