The next version of Reason will host 3rd party plug ins.

kb420

Old School Old Head
Propellerhead announces Rack Extensions. Basically, its a proprietary format that will allow 3rd party developers to make instruments and effects that will be fully compatible with Reason.

rack-extensions-logo.jpg

Last edited:
i watched the whole vid. dope. love the 1 stop shop thing and saved purchases.
reason always makes things easy.

thanks for posting.

man... OMG!!! I can not STAND ol dudes voice bro, for 40 minutes too?!? daaamnnn.... he is so boring man I fell asleep about 30 minutes into it and woke up 5 minutes later with a headache. but still doe, glad to hear its here.

Those expecting these killer libraries wont get it - sorry. Too much to change to fit in Reasons "box". CPU usage being one of them. Those VST's are programs themselves so I dont see them shrinking and limiting functionality and risk hurting a products name.

However I expect those companies to develop new products "extensions" for Reason. Primarily effects and mixing tools. Not huge amounts of sounds. They couldve done that via combinator refills. Most reason users create in Reason, then put things in another DAW to mix. Why? Because not many people are fully happy with using Reasons effects or mClass suites.

Now that they are doing audio, they needed tools from companies (large & indie developers) who do it right & better than Props could have while retaining their stable environment.

It wont be an earth shaking event, except to the exclusive reason user & those he collaborates with.

Those expecting these killer libraries wont get it - sorry. Too much to change to fit in Reasons "box". CPU usage being one of them. Those VST's are programs themselves so I dont see them shrinking and limiting functionality and risk hurting a products name.

However I expect those companies to develop new products "extensions" for Reason. Primarily effects and mixing tools. Not huge amounts of sounds. They couldve done that via combinator refills. Most reason users create in Reason, then put things in another DAW to mix. Why? Because not many people are fully happy with using Reasons effects or mClass suites.

Now that they are doing audio, they needed tools from companies (large & indie developers) who do it right & better than Props could have while retaining their stable environment.

It wont be an earth shaking event, except to the exclusive reason user & those he collaborates with.

I think you will see heavy duty plug ins and plug in libraries. The catch will be that some will only work on 64 bit systems. Remember, Reason 6 is 64 bit.

Oh shit!!!....now thats what im talking about propellerheads....its about time.....that is the one link Reason has been missing the whole entire time...i will buy this version...i will still always use my FLStudio

Back