the next big sub-genre of hip hop music??.... MOB MUSIC

Strizz

Mob Music, Mobwire, Sip the pain away are what some people call it but it dosent really have an official name... it has smooth mellow beats, usually with a soulful vocal sample that is looped threw out the song, and the rappers rap about street life.. but instead of bragging about their money or drugs The rappers rap about the pain, struggles and regret that living the street life has brought them..The Jacka (R.I.P.) was really the one to put this type of music on the spot and he and his artist have a huge underground following in America and Europe... just wanna know if some of you think this style cold possibly go more mainstream.... here is some samples of this music

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this, but there's NO WAY this goes mainstream. The Bay already has a "sound" and that's the DJ Mustard sound, not this. I don't think samples will ever go mainstream again on a whole genre level. That will be a lot of money lost for labels/artists/producers. I never sample as a producer and wouldn't if I was making music for major artists.

Back