The next big EDM genre/ sound?

I would say deep house, its recently being played everywhere, however there's alot of new drum and bass producers coming onto the scene like stigma for example, who knows

I believe that the next Big sound to come out of the EDM scene is most defiantly the Hardstyle sound the new plucks that are getting added and better synthesizers such as Massive, FM8 are creating amazing Hardtsyle leads. If the Hardstyle scene does not make it in the next 6 months its a FACT that it will be in the next year. I also want to draw some attention to the TRAP and Hip Hop scene and how it is slowly bringing new designs and new sounds biggest new comers to that scene is Robs and Duke.

Would be nice to see hardstyle dominate for a while but i think its a acquired taste, ive loved good hardstyle since i first heard my first blutonium boy mix wayy back in the day

I think the more melodic styles are going to be the "new thing".
Artists like GANZ (actually, the whole Dogtown crew), cashmere cat and cosmo's midnight.

Whats interesting is the amount of genres and sub-genres that have been created in the last 20-30 years of music in general.
My question is, how many more genres can be created in the future that actually sound different?

Last edited:
Whats interesting is the amount of genres and sub-genres that have been created in the last 20-30 years of music in general.
My question is, how many more genres can be created in the future that actually sound different?
I thought all the new sounds had already been discovered.
Then I discovered burial, then I discovered squarepusher, then I discovered jimmy edgar.
Now I'm not so sure.
It's not easy to think of new styles (which is why really original styles only emerge once every few years) but it's almost always possible. Mankind will come up with something... they usually do.

The next big thing needs to be Future Bass and Glitch Hop.
And if not every artist sounds the same that would be awesome!!!

I always thought the big symphonic sound like E.S. posthumus, The Synthetic Dream Foundation and the like would go deeper into the EDM scene.

Truthfully, sounds like deep house is taking over the scene atm.

nearly 50% of mainstream radio is now deep house tracks! Even big DJ's/Producers are jumping on the wagon! It's becoming incredibly popular and more accepted by the commercial public! Along with that, Melbourne bounce is becoming quite popular, I don't believe Melbourne bounce will take off commercially, but in terms of Festivals and all; it's probably going to be pretty big!

A lot of the time you can't predict this stuff, I never thought deep house would be this big commercially to be truthful. It was pretty big back in it's days, specially when disco's where a thing (not just clubs, DJ's and dancing/drunk plonkers) but It's come back pretty big.

For the future? I don't know, Hardstyle is coming forward, specially with the rise of HeadHunterz. Also, UK Hardcore is becoming quite big; HTID is doing an American Tour and Darren Styles is doing more and more gigs! Though, I'd be SHOCKED if these harder genre's ever have commercial/radio success! Though, I believe with the generation we're in becoming more interested and quite reliant on music, the music we're exposed to commercially could quite go in any direction!

Just my thoughts :)

I'm assuming future deep and mainstream melodical progressive this summer. :)
Although I do suspect that house is slowly dying.

I agree with you Teletexxt. And tropical house is getting very popular as well. Of course the styles are different but there is a big potential for indie dance and tropical house.

Back