the most versatile yet DISTINCT Producers

im1ufo

the experimental duo is best known for their instrumentals and I'm not aware that anyone has been successful in jacking their style. If you're familiar with RATATAT, you KNOW a RATATAT beat when you hear one. They have such a unique guitar tone...sometimes the guitars sound like synthesizers...and sometimes their synthesizers sound like guitars haha

besides their instrumental LP's..they've also done production work for artists and made a couple of remix albums

it doesn't matter what style of vocals a song contains(not that any of their stuff even needs vocals)...RATATAT always makes someone sound dope

here is a taste of their catalog

INSTRUMENTALS

(their bread and butter)

a Lonely Stoner
(original version)

Southern Rappers
(remix)

indie rocker turned psychonaut/jungle explorer
(from a never to be released full length album)

East Coast Rappers

(remix)

a Leprechaun

(full length album coming next year)

Last edited:
It sucks yo

not as much as the track in your sig haha jk ..sorta

might not be your cup of tea but there is no arguing with the fact that Ratatat is extremely creative. I don't always think being 'creative' means your music is good...but they have the ability to seamlessly blend their influences which happen to be hip hop, classical, metal, psychedelic, and world music into something of their own.

If I know one thing...any party bumping Ratatat always has fun and chill people...you'll always see half the people dancing around..and the rest just laying around blazed

anyhoo....

going back to their first album....this track still sounds fresh 8 years later. The intro in pretty funny considering it is an intro for an Instrumental album haha Shit doesn't need vocals though

Vocal intro is a voicemail from some known rapper called Young Churf

"I've been rapping for about seventeen years okay?
I don't write my stuff anymore I just kick it from my head you know what I'm sayin? I can do that.
No disrespect but that's how I am
"

The vocal sample on this newer track is ****ing crazy...the voice is used a a rhythmic instrument
and the video is damn cool!

Last edited:
I was told by somebody on a beat that it sounded like Ratatat. I thought the person was retarded.....because I didn't know that Ratatat was a person who made music. I was thinking "I don't know this slang he repsonds.....there are no gun sounds in my beat.....WTF is e talking about." I typed the name and listen to a couple of beats. Dope dude!

Same thing happed with Thundercat. Somebody told me a beat reminded them of Thundercat. I got offended at first because I didn't hear what made them think of Thundercats in my beat. I went to youtube to listen to the thundercats theme

I was like wow......I don't know how my beat makes them think of thundercats.....must mean the epicness of it or something. Come to find out a while later they were talking about

Dude is dope......I was flattered.

^ That's funny someone said something about thundercats too me as well. Thanks for posting those vids now I understand lol

@dude about rat tat tat

I just listened to the stomp remix and didn't like what I heard lol

I haven't even checked out the other ish.

I was told by somebody on a beat that it sounded like Ratatat. I thought the person was retarded.....because I didn't know that Ratatat was a person who made music. I was thinking "I don't know this slang he repsonds.....there are no gun sounds in my beat.....WTF is e talking about." I typed the name and listen to a couple of beats. Dope dude!

Same thing happed with Thundercat.

Dude is dope......I was flattered.

lol good story

thanks for the Thundercat post! I've been meaning to check him out ever since I heard he worked with Flying Lotus. Wasn't what I was expecting but it's great nevertheless.

I have that same Thundercats T-shirt he is wearing in the video haha found it for $2 at a thrift store

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

I just listened to the stomp remix and didn't like what I heard lol

I haven't even checked out the other ish.

This is probably most people's favorite Ratatat track...if you can't get into this I wouldn't bother with the rest

Last edited:
Back