The gifted or Born sinner

The Gifted to me is an album that "should" stand the test of time.

Born Sinner to me is a hype album. My definition of hype album is one that is "good" for a few listens until a new "hype album" come out. Like Magna Carta....that's a hype album.

My thoughts are based outside of the "invisible" lyrical skill level arguments people use as a reason why. Or the fact anyone is this "invisible hip hop savior" as if hip hop needed to be saved.

My thoughts may also be biased to the type of music "I've" always enjoyed all my life.

I didn't like either rapper before these albums. I still don't like J.Cole.........became a fan of Wale as long as he stays in the lane of "The Gifted" album. I feel J.Cole hasn't found "HIMSELF" yet. And every album will be a pressure album for him until he does that. Album sounds like a confused innovation that needed a lot more work. Not saying it is terrible.......saying for the level people put J.Cole, he still sounds like an average rapper who snuck his way into actual "greatness".

Here is a good example....T.I had a great album last year.....I gave it all kinds of props for a month....haven't listened to it since....and I like T.I. But I got tired of hearing it. BUT THE GIFTED....I could never get tired of it.

Me personally I like Born Sinner More. The Gifted was a really good album. But Born sinner suited my personal taste. Both albums i could listen to from start to end.

The Gifted to me is an album that "should" stand the test of time.

Born Sinner to me is a hype album. My definition of hype album is one that is "good" for a few listens until a new "hype album" come out. Like Magna Carta....that's a hype album.

My thoughts are based outside of the "invisible" lyrical skill level arguments people use as a reason why. Or the fact anyone is this "invisible hip hop savior" as if hip hop needed to be saved.

My thoughts may also be biased to the type of music "I've" always enjoyed all my life.

I didn't like either rapper before these albums. I still don't like J.Cole.........became a fan of Wale as long as he stays in the lane of "The Gifted" album. I feel J.Cole hasn't found "HIMSELF" yet. And every album will be a pressure album for him until he does that. Album sounds like a confused innovation that needed a lot more work. Not saying it is terrible.......saying for the level people put J.Cole, he still sounds like an average rapper who snuck his way into actual "greatness".

Here is a good example....T.I had a great album last year.....I gave it all kinds of props for a month....haven't listened to it since....and I like T.I. But I got tired of hearing it. BUT THE GIFTED....I could never get tired of it.
yea we on the same page with thi one. to me wale lyrics just stand out from other rappers. now a days all you hear is about is drug,females lean, like lil wayne he would be one of the best rappers if he didnt rap about the same thing every song and thats p*ssy money weed

Back