'The Five Boroughs' of N.Y.

Most Influential Borough?

• Total voters

CrunkNationEnt

All Killa, No Filla!
Which of the following New York 'Boroughs' is most influential to you and why?

- Manhattan
- The Bronx
- Brooklyn
- Queens
- Staten Island

Name some artist from that area that most influenced your style...

I'd say I'm most influenced by Queens artist:

RUN-DMC
LL Cool J
Tribe Called Quest

probly alittle of each but i can reall that grimey QB shit back in the day from CNN to mobbdeep to onyx to ....well, yea too many to name

1. Brooklyn because I spent a few months out there recording as a kid.

2. Manhattan because I sat in alot of meetings out there.

At one point they had more of an influence on my "musical career"(not that I had one, hence the quotes) than anywhere else on earth. Now, I'd say it's L.A./SoCal after spending close to a decade out there.

biggie, jay z, and nas, all from brooklyn..... /thread

i wish upstate ny got credit like niggas on the island part.

Queens New York because that's my hometown, our impact on the music biz and culture rivals ANY other city (not entire regions) in the country much less any of the other 4 boroughs.

The most diverse county in the COUNTRY and the ONLY large county in the country where black households bring in more $$ than their white counterparts.

Queens run you niggaz as Russell Simmons (Hollis) - Nas (Queensbridge)

Thanks for the history lesson, didn't know that...

Oh yeah, Onyx, Lost Boyz, 50 Cent, Mobb Deep, lots of talent, Mane.

Queens New York because that's my hometown, our impact on the music biz and culture rivals ANY other city (not entire regions) in the country much less any of the other 4 boroughs.

The most diverse county in the COUNTRY and the ONLY large county in the country where black households bring in more $$ than their white counterparts.

Queens run you niggaz as Russell Simmons (Hollis) - Nas (Queensbridge)

One Borough on here shouldn't even be listed..but Brooklyn is the answer to the question you ask.

For me personally most of my favorite records have come from Queens. Idk overall but I voted for Queens.

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

One word------>Nas
I would argue that Biggie Smalls was a bigger influence for many and he was from Brooklyn

Back