The best rap tempo

Furiobeats said:
For that lovely down south sh!t, 65-75 will do nicely.

Im currently making abeat at 77 bpm but it is more a diplomats style of beat.

at around 76-80 it feels that you have more space to do some drum crazy tracks. at 90 most of the time it is boom bap boom bap Dre style

russtafari said:
Well actually most people structure the drums in almost the exact same way. The snares hit in the same spot usually and that's really what drives the song. I know there are other ways to structure the drums, it's just that hardly anyone travels from the norm.

I travel from the norm. You'll never be the next hot thing if you just jock everyone elses style.

Jos

It's not jockin anyone's style. It's hip hop. The style of beat makes the music in almost any genre. You don't hear people rapping over punk rock beats now do you? You know why? Because it wouldn't be hip hop, it would be punk rock. People aren't rapping over drum 'n bass beats because it wouldn't be hip hop. Come on man use your head. Even the top hip hop producers out there right now are structuring there beats pretty much the same. If they didn't they wouldn't be hip hop producers.

Last edited:
russtafari said:
It's not jockin anyone's style. It's hip hop. The style of beat makes the music in almost any genre. You don't hear people rapping over punk rock beats now do you? You know why? Because it wouldn't be hip hop, it would be punk rock. People aren't rapping over drum 'n bass beats because it wouldn't be hip hop. Come on man use your head. Even the top hip hop producers out there right now are structuring there beats pretty much the same. If they didn't they wouldn't be hip hop producers.

Hm... I coulda swore you were talkin about drums above and now... let me check... hm.... yep you said "drums". And hip hop songs do have rock, reggae, dance hall, and all other types of drum pattersn. I was saying that I try to create my own patterns that arent main stream. Come on use your head and remember what you were talking about. Funny how you just added in a buch of stuff to try to prove me wrong.

Jos

Last edited:
russtafari said:
Ok well let me hear one of these revolutionary drum patterns, that you claim you do and no one else does.

When I go home. whats your screen name or something i can contact you on. PM me please.

Jos

SHYDA said:
at around 76-80 it feels that you have more space to do some drum crazy tracks. at 90 most of the time it is boom bap boom bap Dre style

Yeah, I think the slower the tempo, the more you have space to do some bouncy southern .....

kontak80 said:
Krunk beats: 75-80

East Coast Commercial beats: 82-87

West Coast: 85-90

Then why is ...

Usher - Yeah - 100 BPM - Krunk Beat
Notorious Big - Sotry to tell 94 BPM - East Coast
Fat Joe - Lean Back - 95 BPM - West Coast

First off think you have mis-calculated your numbers. Second off there is no rule on what types of music is created in what type of beat per minute range.

Jos

Okay, here's a question. When your getting a sample loop to groove with your track, do you ever choose to adjust the tempo "in between" a certain number.. .i.e. 95.3 bpm etc?? Or do you prefer to adjust the sample with truncation/time stretch to match a perfect 95 0r 96 bpm for instance..??
As for me, i can't have it "in between" two tempos.. Why?? I don't know! Just thought i would throw this out there... Feel free to discuss..:)

Jos said:

Then why is ...

Usher - Yeah - 100 BPM - Krunk Beat
Notorious Big - Sotry to tell 94 BPM - East Coast
Fat Joe - Lean Back - 95 BPM - West Coast

First off think you have mis-calculated your numbers. Second off there is no rule on what types of music is created in what type of beat per minute range.

Jos

SHUT UP JOS!!!!! :mad:

Those were made up numbers and by the way "Yeah" is not a Krunk Beat.

that is all.

I feel like an outcast. I make beats where snares are usually used once per measure. Maybe because I phuck with to much jungle. I prefer tracks from 130 to 200 bpm or 65 to 100 to the normal people ( basically the same thing ).

Yeah I've made some hot tracks in the 180bpm range. You just do like you say and put only one snare per bar. The hi hats sound dope when you make beats that fast. Like some Cash Money chit. Actually now that I think about it that's probably how they do it.

russtafari said:
Yeah I've made some hot tracks in the 180bpm range. You just do like you say and put only one snare per bar. The hi hats sound dope when you make beats that fast. Like some Cash Money chit. Actually now that I think about it that's probably how they do it.

yeah, I like 180 instead of 90 bpm because it is easier to make complex drum patterns and it makes timpani rolls less complicated

Back