The absolute EASIEST way to understand "music theory"...

j.troup

So you say all you need to do is take some "music theory" classes to take your music to the next level. So you've been searching youtube, looking at all these piano players, teaching you chord progressions, fancy chords, and everything else.

It sounds cool while you're watching the video, but you STILL don't know shit about MUSIC THEORY?!

I was the same way. For all the instruments that I play, for all the music notes that I can write, I still didn't COMPLETELY understand MUSIC THEORY, as it related to making my MUSIC BETTER...

UNTIL NOW!!!

So here's what I'm gonna do, since I'm an FP lifer. I'm gonna go on Ustream and TEACH a music theory class. I'm gonna show everybody in attendance the tools that I use to make music theory SIMPLE, and give you all some tools to make composing music SIMPLE, and take your music complexity to THE NEXT LEVEL.

So here's what you do...

Subscribe to my UStream page Here...

IndustrySoundTV on USTREAM: Producer/Songwriter J.Troup broadcasts LIVE from his recording studio, while writing and producing tracks in hip hop, R&B and p...

No this isn't a shameless grab for Ustream subscribers...it's just an easy way to send out notification when the show is going to start.

Or if you prefer Twitter, follow me @JTroupTV.

Once I format the lesson plans, I'm going to send out an email blast telling you what tools to download. You're gonna need a smartphone to download. I have an iphone, so i'm not sure about the App's availability on other platforms.

I know one of the apps cost money, but I'm not sure how much because i own it.

And before someone says anything, NO I DON'T HAVE ANY INTEREST IN ANY OF THE APPS. They are just really valuable tools that I use every single day that I make music, and I'm going to be teaching from those apps. So they will help you understand music theory too. I don't make a single penny off of any sales. Hell, I had to buy the apps too!

That's it. This is just my way of giving back to the FP community, and continuing the legacy of MUSICIANS LEARNING FROM MUSICIANS that Mano1 founded FP on.

So subscribe and follow, and I'll hit you guys up next week to tell you when the Music Theory show is going to take place.

Trust me, you're gonna find it valuable.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Last edited:
It depends. I'll be going over things like how to find the key of the song, what chords are in what keys of a song, how to structure the cords that you want in your song, why to play what chord progressions in a song, Common chord progressions. How to create a bridge or a chorus with the right chords in the right key, and more things on that level.

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

I think it will be valuable to a lot of people because like them, I'm not a piano player. I have to play in all of my chords individually and create my melodies with one or two fingers. But I've devised a method and use tools that greatly Aid in that, so it really sounds like I can play, when I can't.

This is a great idea. Dope! hope you go through with it. Subbing here so could you please update with any new info as it comes.

Subbing bro. Aye can you post like a "Before & After" of what you learned as far as piano goes?

Back